Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are sanctioned leagues so hard to find?

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default Why are sanctioned leagues so hard to find?

Local chapter doesn’t even have a working website. I just joined an old league to finally be in a sanctioned league and they decided this year to quit that. No alleys have any availability for my long time league to even have a home. That tells me more people are bowling but less are involved with USBC. Any ideas on how I can get some scores logged without traveling 50-60 miles to the middle of nowhere? Can I take a class or something? Been a member for 3 years and not a single logged game yet!

What area are you in? The Midwest and South are full of them.

Rarely a working website though - usually just a Facebook page around here.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    What area are you in? The Midwest and South are full of them.

Rarely a working website though - usually just a Facebook page around here.
    I am in Pittsburgh. Every alley is full every night. Tried 10 different houses and the earliest I can have a league of 8 lanes worth is May.

High Roller

Hey Matt. I know its a drive but we have a summer league at our house. 40 2 man teams but you can have 3 or 4 but only 2 will bowl each night. We had 3 on our team last summer and rotated. The same 2 have to bowl both games though so can't split a series. Starts at 8:00PM and you bowl 2 games. Last summer the winning team got $1500. The year before my teammates won it all. Usually done by 10:00PM. Some of the best around here show up for that league.IIRC the summer league is a 70% handicap based off a 230 average. Our team finished in 10th and I think the top 20 make it to roll offs. I stunk it up and we lost in the first round but we had fun and still walked away with about $100 each between the 3 of us.

Other than that we still have our winter league. You could probably find a team to jump in.

I know it's a drive but just throwing it out there.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Pin Crusher

Are you trying to get a league in a house or just yourself? You have to remember it is the middle of the season right now. Your best bet would be getting on a waiting list at all local centers for your league. Good luck!

This. Bowling leagues all start around August, and last until April. You’re probably just too late to sign up for winter.

The summer leagues will be starting in April/May.

Bowler

Winter is under contract through next year. Right now i just want myself in a sanctioned one so I can do some tournaments.

Where I bowl (Northeast Ohio) there are fewer and fewer sanctioned leagues. People complain about the cost and many many do not bowl in tournaments. There is one local tournament that is USBC sanctioned and they tell people who are not sanctioned that they can get them a "temporary" sanction if they want to bowl in this tournament. This "temporary" sanction costs $5.00 (last time I heard). But I checked at another state level tournament and they said there was no such thing. Maybe there should be. Maybe more ppl would be interested in a tournament or two this way and then see the advantage of a sanctioned league.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    Where I bowl (Northeast Ohio) there are fewer and fewer sanctioned leagues. People complain about the cost and many many do not bowl in tournaments. There is one local tournament that is USBC sanctioned and they tell people who are not sanctioned that they can get them a "temporary" sanction if they want to bowl in this tournament. This "temporary" sanction costs $5.00 (last time I heard). But I checked at another state level tournament and they said there was no such thing. Maybe there should be. Maybe more ppl would be interested in a tournament or two this way and then see the advantage of a sanctioned league.
    that is exactly why I want a sanctioned league. Here its just 220 average which is BS since I know some guys are above that

Chats: 256

Go to the center before a league starts up and announce yourself as a sub, speak with the secretary and get some games in subbing. Once you get 21 games, they should be reported to USBC for your average. But, the average won't be reported until end of season. You can typically use league recaps also, depending on the tournament director, for "average verification".
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast