Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pyramid rrbowling shoes

Default New pyramid rrbowling shoes

https://www.bowlingball.com/products...By=3&pagenum=2

Any reason to not get these particular ones? Always got dexter shoes before. Current pair is super glue holding half the right shoe together lol

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

There are only two reasons I would go against this shoe:

(1) If you bowl at a lot of houses/tournaments you would likely want to have the interchangables
    (2) If you are someone who wants to bowl in PBA regionals or other PBA related events you will not be allowed to wear them since they don't pay the fee.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

I mostly bowl one house and have only bowled one tournament ever lol so I’d say I’ll be fine in that regard

Chats: 64

None that I can think of. Pyramid makes great stuff. Top sellers on their site and on Amazon. I use all of their products and have been totally satisfied.

Chats: 64

Pyramid does make a high end shoe with interchangeable soles. I own this pair and have been totally happy with them. I've had them 3 years now and they hold up great and for a fraction of the other high ends shoes out there.

https://www.bowlingball.com/products...-new-item.html

Do recommend most pyramid stuff. I usually recommend it to my newer bowlers to get them started, as well as anyone who’d like to save a little dough.

Ordered them last night. Listed for 59 on bowlingball.com but same pair was 10 dollars less on amazon, and still sold through bowlingball.com. So basically if you buy it directly through them instead of amazon your getting screwed lol

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    (2) If you are someone who wants to bowl in PBA regionals or other PBA related events you will not be allowed to wear them since they don't pay the fee.
    That's a bit odd to me so I went to the PBA site to see if they listed any details on it. The FAQ lists a question of 'What do we have to wear during the tournament' which directs you to rule 13 and 14 of the rulebook with a nifty link that leads you to a PDF that has one sentence... 'The PBA Rulebook will be posted soon'. Well that wasn't helpful.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by grumpter View Post
    That's a bit odd to me so I went to the PBA site to see if they listed any details on it.
    Okay basically it's like this if you have a bowling product and you want it seen on PBA telecasts or at a PBA tournament (advertise it on their shows and such) you have to register it with the PBA first because one of the PBA rules is Products (such as Balls, Shoes, Logos etc.) have to be registered with the PBA to be used in their competitions.

from the PBA FAQ's
    What is product registration?
    The PBA owns the exclusive right to regulate the use of its name, trademarks and logos. The PBA will provide opportunities, in the form of licensing and sponsorships, for companies to promote and display their products, product names, trademarks and logos to consumers. Companies that desire to take advantage of these opportunities must first register their products with the PBA, so that these products might be cleared for use in PBA competition. A current list of product registered companies can be found here: Product Registered Companies. This list is also posted at every PBA tournament. Basic rules:

1. Competitors may not use any non-registered bowling products in PBA competition.
    2. Competitors may not use a non-registered bowling ball in PBA competition. Failure to comply will result in immediate disqualification.
    3. Competitors may not display non-registered company names and/or product logos in PBA competition.
    4. Competitors may not darken or in any way obstruct any product registered logo

Now that registration costs a bunch of bucks $$$$$ a lot of companies don't want to pay it. That's why you haven't seen LANE #1 balls in a long time on the PBA, They didn't want to pay, so their balls were no longer legal to use and they got kicked to the curb. (Lane #1 is now out of business.)

Last I heard Pyramid was working toward getting their balls on the list at sometime in the future.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Pyramid does make a high end shoe with interchangeable soles. I own this pair and have been totally happy with them. I've had them 3 years now and they hold up great and for a fraction of the other high ends shoes out there.

https://www.bowlingball.com/products...-new-item.html
    The hpx shoes are good they are the tpu-x's that were made for brunswick just rebranded.

tp

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast