Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help choosing new addition to arsenal.

Default Need help choosing new addition to arsenal.

Like the title says, I’m looking for suggestions for an addition to my arsenal.

Current bag:
    Track Tactix
    Ebonite GB3 Pearl
    Storm Ice (spare)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m definitely looking for a higher oil ball.

Based on the specs of the two balls you already own and your perceived need for a higher oil ball, I believe you might be better served by spending your money on some qualified coaching.

Chats: 1

Just to echo everyone else's opinion. It helps to have your game looked at by a trained eye. A bit over a month ago, I had a coaching session from Dave Williams, former touring PBA member, and AMF staffer. He pointed out a couple of quirks in my game to keep an eye on. But the most valuable thing that he said to me was that I was throwing the ball free and easy. Most of this season has been too much thinking on the lanes, leading to tentative shots. The last few weeks have been spent trying not to over think things, and just throw the ball. I regained control of the pocket, and my spare shooting has improved immensely. In this case, it was a lot cheaper than a new ball.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

What conditions are you bowling on that you would want the higher oil ball for? If you are in a THS situation you could easily be burning the ball out, making it appear as though it is not strong enough for the condition when really it is too strong for what you are dealing with. If it is a standard league I would have a hard time believing that there is too much oil for that equipment - centers are not going to want to put down premium amounts of oil for a weekly league. The lesson could be a really good idea because in addition to helping out the physical game they can help steer you to good equipment choices.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Bowler
    Chats: 0

I know everyone recommends it but I’ve been trying to schedule a lesson for 3 years. If I ever got good enough i could make a killing here just coaching

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    I know everyone recommends it but I’ve been trying to schedule a lesson for 3 years. If I ever got good enough i could make a killing here just coaching
    Being able to coach does not require being good enough at bowling, it requires being good enough TEACHING!

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Being able to coach does not require being good enough at bowling, it requires being good enough TEACHING!
    Absolute truth to this. There is no way I could teach someone how to bowl. I can give some pointers here and there, but, I am just not technical enough to view someone else's game and tweak it to get a desired effect from it.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Is that anything like under paying school teachers. Probable one of the most important jobs today.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Is that anything like under paying school teachers. Probable one of the most important jobs today.
    lol ironically enough, i'm a high school teacher, as well as a high school bowling coach!

I have a dream list of bowling balls i'd like to add, but on this salary...fuggedaboutit

I own a Roto Grip Halo. It is my favorite ball to throw and does well on heavy oil. My buddy has a Brunswick Bias. It's a white ball but with his style he has been putting up a great season using it. Take a look at those it you are going just for a new ball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast