Thread: Better Bowling or bowling better

Chats: 0

Default Better Bowling or bowling better

If you are bowling in a league or more than one league where do you feel you bowl better? In a league where you are the high average on your team or in a league where there are others on your team with a higher average? I am trying to figure out if I have just lost interest in one league because there is no one on my team that bowls better than I do. The other league I bowl on I seem to still care about and I think it is because there are others that are better than me. I am not a great bowled by any means but I just go to the one league to bowl. The other one I go to bowl to win.

It’s natural that you need a challenge, and someone to learn from. If you can’t learn anything in one league, why not focus on teaching your teammates?

Chats: 1

The short answer is that I bowl to compete. I'm the best bowler on a bad team. As long as they continue to try their best, I try not to let them down. I've done the same for teams that I've been on that have won the league, as well as the last place finishers.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Some one has probably written a doctoral discertation on the effect of team chemistry on individual performance. For me I don’t think it matters if I have the highest average on my team as long as there is a challenge to meet.
    John

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Regardless of the team, the goal is to bowl my best and hopefully win. Now maybe on the bad team, are you guys losing a lot because the other bowlers aren't good? I can see how that can be frustrating.

I bowl 2 nights a week and I am the higher average on my teams. It is all handicap so it is evened out and we are in the upper middle team wise. I used to bowl in scratch leagues back in the 80's and 90's but since my return to the game that isn't a thing anymore. I bowl to compete and always try to do my best. Oh and like my wife tells me have fun which I do. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.