Thread: Moment of clarity regarding Asymetricals and my game?

Chats: 256

Default Moment of clarity regarding Asymetricals and my game?

After shooting my 3rd 800 series last week and thinking back to what balls I used in each of those 3 series. I had an A-Ha! moment. Or maybe it's just plain coincidence.

#1 was shot using Hyper Cell, which is an Asym
    #2 was shot using Sure Lock, which is also an Asym
    #3 was shot using Hyper Cell Fused which is also an Asym

Things that make me go...

High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Small sample size (800 series) but if it makes you feel more confident then there is something to be said for that.

Though looking at your trunk pics maybe it is time to start thinning out the herd?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Watched the Mo Pinel video and he stated "if a bowler brings a sym. ball to a tournament they better not forget their spare ball". As for the trunk full of balls you must live in a warm place because loading and unloading that many balls would be a pain. They would be frozen around here.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    After shooting my 3rd 800 series last week and thinking back to what balls I used in each of those 3 series. I had an A-Ha! moment. Or maybe it's just plain coincidence.

#1 was shot using Hyper Cell, which is an Asym
    #2 was shot using Sure Lock, which is also an Asym
    #3 was shot using Hyper Cell Fused which is also an Asym

Things that make me go...

Does that mean you used one ball for all three games per series?

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    Does that mean you used one ball for all three games per series?
    Yep, in all three sets, the same ball was used for each of the 3 games. The most recent one, done last thursday, I used same ball for game 4 of the series as well.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by grumpter View Post
    Small sample size (800 series) but if it makes you feel more confident then there is something to be said for that.

Though looking at your trunk pics maybe it is time to start thinning out the herd?
    Yea, definitely think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Watched the Mo Pinel video and he stated "if a bowler brings a sym. ball to a tournament they better not forget their spare ball". As for the trunk full of balls you must live in a warm place because loading and unloading that many balls would be a pain. They would be frozen around here.
    My car is always in garage when parked at home or at work. Only time they would be exposed to cold temps would be parked in parking lot at centers or out and about etc.

I do agree I need to stop carrying so many around. Will be hard to pare it down to 9 or I would have switch out every morning that I bowl and leave them in the garage at home which have them in the cold more than they are now.

A need for caution here, imo. You score with Asyms because you are a high average, consistent bowler. My fear is that some of the lower average users here might get the impression that asyms will help them to raise their averages. The problem with asyms is that they tend to amplify inconsistencies in the release. In the hands of a lower average, less consistent bowler, they can easily have the opposite of the desired effect of raising his average.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1
    The problem with asyms is that they tend to amplify inconsistencies in the release

I always get a more consistent roll and reaction using a symmetric core ball
    I do have a few asysmmetric core balls but I hardly ever throw them as I've
    got used to the symmetric balls reactions.

And then again it could just be my inconsistency when throwing asymmetrics
    that make the symmetric react better.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill