Thread: Bowling Glove Restrictions

Default Bowling Glove Restrictions

Are there any restrictions to what type of glove you can wear on your throwing hand? I checked the USBC site but couldn't find anything. The only reason I am asking is I may need to go to a two handed, all fingers out, throw while waiting for my finger injury to recover. If I get desperate enough, and it is legal, I may try a glove like receivers use in football. Hopefully tonight goes well and I come up with a way to bowl somewhat consistent without a glove but just in case...

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I don't believe there are any restrictions, like you I couldn't find anything online against it. With that being said, something interesting I thought of is the PBA has so many restrictions on equipment you can use based around the company paying the fee to be "certified" - not limited to certain shirts and bowling shoes being banned...so when Weber throws using a Footjoy golf glove shouldn't that be banned? I'm pretty sure they are not paying the annual fee for one bowler to use it. Guess that is a long winded way to say I don't think the glove will be an issue.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 4

Back in the day I used to do like PDW and used a golf glove
    with the thumb cut out, as far as I know there is no USBC
    restrictions on using any kind of glove none that I can think
    of anyway.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by grumpter View Post
    Are there any restrictions to what type of glove you can wear on your throwing hand? I checked the USBC site but couldn't find anything. The only reason I am asking is I may need to go to a two handed, all fingers out, throw while waiting for my finger injury to recover. If I get desperate enough, and it is legal, I may try a glove like receivers use in football. Hopefully tonight goes well and I come up with a way to bowl somewhat consistent without a glove but just in case...
    August of 2020 a rule goes into effect banning weight holes and requiring the bowler to use all the gripping holes drilled in the ball on each and every shot. So if you deliver your first ball with out using your thumb, but like to use it to shoot spares you will need two different balls, one with a thumb hole and one without.
    Your no fingers in the ball delivery would require an undrilled ball or a house ball since house balls are exempt from the new rule.
    John

Well the weather is not cooperating so no practice tonight which is the same as last night. That stinks.

I have plenty of golf gloves around as I buy them a dozen at a time but I am thinking something with a little more grip. I had previously read the 2020 rule about using all holes on every throw but this is purely a stop gap measure to get through until my finger heals and I can back to a 2 finger plus thumb grip. If it persists I may look into a 3 finger plus thumb grip to see if that offers any relief.