Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How often are changing balls in league?

The way our lanes were working the other night, it's a good thing I brought 3+spare

One lane was oiled long, and the other was about 4 feet shorter. Even with adjustments, I was coming in hot. I bring 4 just in case.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    My strategy is to move left as the lanes transition until I get to the point where I'm leaving flat 10s or the like. At that point, I know it's time to make a ball change. Sometimes I stay on the same line, sometimes I adjust the line slightly to compensate for the difference between ball #1 and ball #2. I then continue the same strategy...moving left...if I leave flat 10s or the like...time for ball #3.
    I use the same strategy except that I also watch the other bowlers on the same pair. Maybe you do this but you forgot to say. I pay more attention to the bowlers at/above my average or if they are rolling the same line as me. If a couple people hook early than odds are my shot will also... If nobody hooks early except me then it's me...

Brad

Chats: 0

Only two kinds of bowlers.....those that are lefties and those that wish they were !!! Right?
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPhoenix View Post
    One lane was oiled long, and the other was about 4 feet shorter. Even with adjustments, I was coming in hot. I bring 4 just in case.
    Unless the lanes were purposely set up with two different patterns, I think that what you saw was topography; not oil. One of the hardest things for long time bowlers to accept is that everything is not attributable to oil. This is 2019, not 1975!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234