Thread: Why didn't I do this much sooner?

Chats: 256

Default Why didn't I do this much sooner?

So for the last year I have needed glasses for distance viewing only. I had usually only worn them while driving as that is what I had noticed was the biggest issue and not seeing the road signs perfectly, just a slight blurriness to them. Recently though I have started to wear my glasses more at home while watching TV etc. I suspect vision is getting worse, but back in December had them checked for my annual and my vision had not changed.

Back towards the end of January, I started to wear them while bowling. Now, I can see the lane just fine without them, but to make out and differentiate the exact boards down lane was a bit more of a challenge.

Not sure if this is really related to that or I am just simply on a hot streak at the moment, but ever since I have started wearing my glasses, I have been performing really well.

Starting on 1/24 with a 998 series
    1/29 shot 690
    1/30 shot 600
    1/31 shot 1032
    2/5 shot 738
    2/6 shot 708
    2/7 shot 1037
    2/12 shot 727
    2/13 shot 713
    2/14 shot 975

All told, I am averaging 241.71

Gonna keep riding this wave for as long as I possibly can.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 32

Wear the glasses lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I started wearing glasses in my late 50's, but reading glasses only. Went to the eye clinic near us and the final doctor told me to come back in about 10 years. It's been longer than that now.
    Maybe I should get checked again. Nice bowling. Don't beat that horse too hard though. Eat well and drink lots of water...

Chats: 1

If you had problems seeing boards clearly down the lane, and now you can see them clearly, I would think that would help you relax more. That's a win for sure.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

I have the exact same issue. I basically wear my glasses for driving at night and for bowling and that's about it.