Weight Block: Predator™ V3
Cover Stock: Hexion™ SE Pearl
Finish: 4000 Grit LSS
Length: 16
Backend: 18
Hook: 57
Flare Potential: 7+

It is much better to have your gold in the hand.

I couldn’t agree more.

The Golden Jackal is the first pearl created since the original Jackal and it features the Hexion Strength Enhanced Pearl coverstock, the box surface of this weaponry comes at 4000 Laser Scan Sanded and at the core is the proven Predator V3. As it currently stands Golden Jackal produces the most overall hook in terms of angularity.

The Golden Jackal provided me with a lot of copious amounts of hook on heavier patterns however it doesn’t sit up as quickly as the Jackal Ghost or the Jackal Rising which I consider to be a benefit in terms of overall versatility. The difference in the Golden Jackal is its length and overall shape it provides throughout the lane, because the majority of the muscle is not used up in the heads or the midlane it allows me to open up my angles and still maintain a reasonable shape down lane.

My Golden Jackal is 39 x 4 ½ x 29 and I also went over it with our Hi-Gloss polish, I did this because of the understanding I have about the Hexion cover and the result of doing so allow me to use a giant asymmetrical pearl that I can use on both the fresh and transition. On the fresh I can play in the track area without having to deal with the grab area that it provides and as the transition comes into play I’m not forced as far left as I was when I had the previous Jackals in my hands, when I do move far left I have the all the angularity I need to circle the lane and the continuation is nothing short of magnificent.

Golden Jackal is on the opposite side of the chart much like at the other end is the Trident Abyss, both are indeed designed for heavy oil however the difference between both of them is where their muscle is displayed. The muscle of the Trident Abyss is up front as it provides a lot of hook and traction, the traction it provides allow me break down heavier patterns at a quicker rate.

The muscle of the Golden Jackal is down lane overall, Hexion will indeed get it down lane and the Predator V3 core gives you the familiar Jackal roll in the backend. If it’s traction you want on heavier patterns I like the Trident Abyss for what it provides, if you’re interested in opening up your angles and having plenty of down lane shape then I would encourage the Golden Jackal.

In terms of comparing asymmetrical weaponry I would like to mention the Villain Scorn is a cleaner than the Golden Jackal, however the Golden Jackal is stronger and smoother overall.

I’m pleased with the Golden Jackal. I’m pleased because of the overall versatility it provides me with, I now have a giant asymmetrical pearl that I can use on a variety of conditions outside of the extreme burn. It is by far the most versatile Jackal and my favorite one to date and if you’re in the marker for a giant asymmetrical pearl look no further than the Golden Jackal.

Gold makes monsters of men. Allow it to make a monster of you.

Your game will thank you for it.
K.C. White II
Motiv Staffer