Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrist Tendinitis

Default Wrist Tendinitis

So during league last week I noticed that the inside of my wrist (mainly on the inside portion where my pinky and ring finger tendons go through) was hurting a bit and the next day it was REALLY sore. I have self diagnosed it as tendinitis. It's gotten better everyday since but is not gone entirely. I'm debating if I should try and bowl this Thursday or sit out a week. If I do try and bowl can I tape up my wrist up or anything to try and protect it from happening again?

Chats: 256

Sorry to hear. If it hurts enough to be more than a minor nuisance, I would skip bowling for a week. If anything, I would use a wrist support.

Might also be a good time for a fit check with your PSO.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post

Might also be a good time for a fit check with your PSO.

I actually just had the thumb hole moved in just a touch a few weeks ago to shorten my span up at the advice of my PSO. Last week in bowling I could not get one of the lanes figured out so I tried putting more speed on the ball, which worked in that I started striking but i'm almost positive that it also caused the strain in the tendon/s.

Chats: 1

You could try a piece of kinesiology tape about an inch from the joint to help with that. I've had tendonitis in my wrist for a while. My span had been checked by a couple of PSOs and it's where it should be. I finally moved to 15 lb equipment, and haven't had any issues with it at all.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

You might want to try a wrister type brace. You can get them in places like walmart cheap.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Think I'm gonna go lefty tomorrow night. I already know that I will miss next week so that should give my right wrist 3 weeks to heal up hopefully.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    Think I'm gonna go lefty tomorrow night. I already know that I will miss next week so that should give my right wrist 3 weeks to heal up hopefully.
    Just so you know, if your planning on bowling lefty in league. You just can't up and switch hands, you have to get permission from the league and you'll have to reestablish your average.

So if your just going to do it that one night, you might as well just sit the night out.

118e. Establish New Average due to Change in Delivery
    If because of injury or disability a bowler finds it necessary to change delivery from right- to left-handed or vice-versa, the league board of directors, by majority vote, may permit the bowler to change delivery. If approval is obtained, the bowler must establish a new average.

Commonly Asked Question – Rule 118e.
    118e/1 I hurt my bowling hand and was granted permission to use the other hand. Once my bowling hand is better, what do I have to do before I can go back to using my regular bowling hand?
    You must get permission from the board to return to the original hand you started the league with.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-20-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 1

We won a game by forfeit, when an opposing right hander decided to shoot the 10 pin left handed. Run it past the league officers.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Yep, I've already got the okay from the league officers to go left handed. I'm half tempted to just commit to bowling the last few weeks lefty just to make sure the wrist heals up right.

Chats: 55

My physical therapist and massage therapist along with the doctor that performed the tenotomy after my tendinitis turned to tendinosis, says that the only thing that really will possibly heal tendinitis is 1) rest; and 2) stretching. Some creams and ice/heat will help eliminate symptoms but not heal.

Be sure and look up stretches for the tendons that are stressed and do them faithfully. Don't let it rest for too long so you don't re-injure it when activity is restarted. Be sure and stretch the weakened area every time before bowling, or you will re-injure it.

I speak from experience....long recovery from my elbow tendinitis/tendinosis. I learned my lesson well.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast