Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrist Tendinitis

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    My physical therapist and massage therapist along with the doctor that performed the tenotomy after my tendinitis turned to tendinosis, says that the only thing that really will possibly heal tendinitis is 1) rest; and 2) stretching. Some creams and ice/heat will help eliminate symptoms but not heal.

Be sure and look up stretches for the tendons that are stressed and do them faithfully. Don't let it rest for too long so you don't re-injure it when activity is restarted. Be sure and stretch the weakened area every time before bowling, or you will re-injure it.

I speak from experience....long recovery from my elbow tendinitis/tendinosis. I learned my lesson well.
    Thank you! Great info that I was looking for.

I ended up bowling lefty last week. My scores sucked but really it was kind of fun. I made a few strikes but spares were hard to come by! I was super sore the next few days but it was just the muscles so it was the good kind of sore.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    I ended up bowling lefty last week. My scores sucked but really it was kind of fun. I made a few strikes but spares were hard to come by! I was super sore the next few days but it was just the muscles so it was the good kind of sore.
    Good luck with that. I went lefty prior to and after my surgery for the whole fall/winter season...it was fun, frustrating, and you are right - in the beginning I used muscles I forgot I had.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12