Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you all notice...

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    My speed also looks faster than his and they were showing higher speeds than mine show but mine is measured at the pins where it seems they measure near the front as the speed is displayed when the ball is at 1/2 lane

Remember that your speed is measured with a cheap version of a radar gun, and it's on an angle as well. The straighter your ball goes by that "band", the faster it will appear to be. Guys with a big arc are probably faster than the gun shows. Straighter guys, the speed shown might be a little closer to the truth.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Watch the Chris Paul Celebrity Pro-Am and then you will really question the stats that Fox is throwing up there. After watching that there is no way those numbers are accurate. Some of the celebrities were throwing straight down the lane yet still had high rev rates.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    Watch the Chris Paul Celebrity Pro-Am and then you will really question the stats that Fox is throwing up there. After watching that there is no way those numbers are accurate. Some of the celebrities were throwing straight down the lane yet still had high rev rates.
    Specto may not be the most accurate for rev rate because it usually a formula and doesn't actually read the revolution on the ball. I took a lesson at Kegel and it said I a rev rate of 380+ and I'm closer to 280.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Remember that your speed is measured with a cheap version of a radar gun, and it's on an angle as well. The straighter your ball goes by that "band", the faster it will appear to be. Guys with a big arc are probably faster than the gun shows. Straighter guys, the speed shown might be a little closer to the truth.
    You are right but my speed is quite a bit faster than most in my league by about 1.5 MPH. Mine reads around 17.0 to 17.7 usually where my teammates are all closer to 15.5 to 16.0 so I know I'm faster than most in my league (not just based on my teammates speed but across the board).
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I was wondering how a camera could possibly read the RPMs on an object from any angle.

That would have to be some amazing software to figure out the axis of rotation on a moving target, with both speed and rpms constantly changing.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

The straighter/harder the ball is thrown the higher the revs will show with Spector as it uses a formula. It’s not actually counting revs.

I guess I'm a Philistine. I pay attention to my ball target, track shape, and how it gets through the pins and deck. I don't much care about mph o

Or rpm.

Old man goin for two in a row tomorrow

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    Old man goin for two in a row tomorrow
    Who you callin’ “old”?

I can’t call Norm old. He’s five years younger than I am.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12