Thread: Grumpter's Scores

Default Grumpter's Scores

12 weeks into my bowling 'Career' seems like a good place to start this. The first 5 or so weeks were just basic practice to learn the basic techniques of the game. In week 7'ish I added a new strike ball and that is mostly where my record keeping begins.

Games Played: 35 Non-League with full stats , 21 League (7-weeks) with scores only
    League Stats - 21 Games
    League Ave: 149* - Found out I sabotaged myself through 5'ish weeks of league play by using Baby Powder to try to solve an issue with my thumb sticking. Bad move.
    Best Game: 183

Non-League Stats - 35 Games
    Average: 171
    Best Game: 245
    First Ball Ave: 8.5
    Strike %: 33.8%
    Spare %: 49.1%
    Open %: 31.4%
    Max Strikes in 1 Game: 8
    Max Strikes to Start a Game: 6

Most Common Leaves:
    10-pin: 26 leaves , 11 converted (42.3%) - This has increased quickly from 25% since adding a plastic spare ball
    6/10 Pin: 17 leaves , 7 converted (41.2%) - same as above
    9 pin: 16 leaves , 9 converted (56.3%)

3 games in the 150's last night during league play. With the lack of practice and trying different throwing styles to try to work through the finger issues I have become very inconsistent. My ball speed is down 2 to 3 miles per hour from where it was when I first got the new ball and I have taken a step backwards on picking up spares. Next week I may switch back to my original strike ball as it has a little less hook which might pair better with the lower ball speed.

One thing I am hoping helps is I applied athletic tape to the sore finger before bowling last night. This seems to have helped a little with the stiffness/soreness I would suffer after bowling (usually beginning the next day). I am hoping that will help me get back to the point where I can practice a few times a week but we'll see.