Thread: Getting more rev.

Default Getting more rev.

I know this topic comes up a lot, and I like seeing discussion about it.

"So, how can I get more rev on my ball?" is a question I get asked (and think to myself) quite a bit. Since rev is dominating the pro scene, it makes sense many are asking how to get that extra "oomf" on your ball.

So...how do you get more rev?

Find a qualified coach!

For me, it’s just a matter of keeping myself from leaning forward, and loading my wrist just before release. I prefer the “cock” method to the “cup”. Both are valid though.

Chats: 0

One thing you don't do is to roll the ball with your hand and finger on the outside of the ball at the release. If you can you want to keep your fingers to the inside of the ball until you get to the release area. What you should never forget is to never grip the ball hard with the tip of your thumb. All this will do is to get the ball to hang up on your thumb causing pulled shots. What you want to do is hold the ball with the area from your thumb knuckle down. Don't grip it hard like you are holding on for dear life. You want a light grip so your thumb comes out quickly at the release. When you use a light grip you will feel like you are dropping the ball on the alley. It will just feel like it but you are not. You just have to get used to that feeling during practice though. THE END.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.