Thread: Question about resurfacing and ball polish.....

Chats: 0

Default Question about resurfacing and ball polish.....

If I have a 2000 surface on my reactive ball and want to change it to 4000 surface do I have to hit it with 2000 or 3000 pad first before I use a 4000 pad or can I just go right to a 4000 pad? Plus I want to polish my ball because my reactive ball hooks too much because I don't have the speed to counter the hook because I don't have a approach. Because of knee problems on my right slide leg if I try a normal approach I get too much pain. Now as far as polish I need a polish that will give my ball more slide to be able to control the hook on my reactive ball. Are there more then just one polish to use on a ball? What I mean is does one polish not make the ball slide too much and another polish does? So I need a polish that will make my ball slide more. When putting on the polish can you do it by hand or do you need a ball spinner to burn the polish into the ball? I would appreciate advice from anyone that has experience in this type of ball preparation.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    If I have a 2000 surface on my reactive ball and want to change it to 4000 surface do I have to hit it with 2000 or 3000 pad first before I use a 4000 pad or can I just go right to a 4000 pad? Plus I want to polish my ball because my reactive ball hooks too much because I don't have the speed to counter the hook because I don't have a approach. Because of knee problems on my right slide leg if I try a normal approach I get too much pain. Now as far as polish I need a polish that will give my ball more slide to be able to control the hook on my reactive ball. Are there more then just one polish to use on a ball? What I mean is does one polish not make the ball slide too much and another polish does? So I need a polish that will make my ball slide more. When putting on the polish can you do it by hand or do you need a ball spinner to burn the polish into the ball? I would appreciate advice from anyone that has experience in this type of ball preparation.
    First, if you have as little as 15 games on a ball since the last time it was surfaced, that surface in now measurably different. Therefore you may want to hit it with 2000 first, or even go through all the steps involved in the original surface. From what I’ve read, going from2k to 3k to 4k, will give you a different surface texture than just going right to 4000.

All sanding and polishing can be done by hand. The more steps you want to go through, the more attractive it becomes to use a spinner.
    John

High Roller

I read somewhere (either Radical or Storm) said if you jump from a 500 straight to 3000 the ball will have more length and have more backend than if you gradually went up from 500 to 1000 to 2000 to 3000.

Mo even comments on it.

http://forum.bowlingchat.net/viewtop...=10434&start=0

In this PDF look for the section on page 4 under 'Mo Pinels Skip a Grit'

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/ima...t_chart_v2.pdf
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    First, if you have as little as 15 games on a ball since the last time it was surfaced, that surface in now measurably different. Therefore you may want to hit it with 2000 first, or even go through all the steps involved in the original surface. From what I’ve read, going from2k to 3k to 4k, will give you a different surface texture than just going right to 4000.

All sanding and polishing can be done by hand. The more steps you want to go through, the more attractive it becomes to use a spinner.
    Do you have to polish the ball after you finish a league night and use oil cleaner on it. I was thinking that after you use oil cleaner on the ball it would affect the polish on the ball during oil removal so it would have to be polished again.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post

Not even 15 games. My PSO recommended re-sanding after 10 games on my Black Widow. Polishing, I'm under the impression that once you polish a cover, it's good for some time before you have to redo it. You still need to bake it on a regular schedule, but the polished surface holds up a lot longer then the sanded surface.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Chats: 2

It has been stated here, in BTM and on Jayhawk video a sanded ball surface is significantly changed after only one game. My PSO has a jayhawk scanner, earlier this year I took him a freshly sanded ball before and after bowling. Sanded with New 500 Jbost, it scanned at 871, ra 99.5, after three games it scanned at 4000 ra 8.87. If you are starting with a 4000 or so surface, it changes very little