4000 Grit LSS
Ball Specs: Asymmetric Predator V3 Core
Layout 40 x 4 x 35

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/2 up
Rev Rate 300
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The New Motiv Golden Jackal provides a clean move through the front part of the lane without any slide past the break point. The backend motion is strong and angular. The Golden fits between my Villain Scorn and Jackal Rising in total hook but has a more length and angular shape. This ball hooks a lot for a pearl but is not as strong overall as the Abyss or Forge. The Golden is a nice piece that Motiv needed in the line. I have always done well with the Predator Core and feel we will see more asymmetric balls coming out due to the balance hole rules changing in 2020. The core on the Golden is very good but the surface is what makes this ball special in my opinion. The Golden always seems to read the mid lane well without squirting past the break point even on bad releases. I have had the chance to try the Golden on some different conditions, all on the slicker side and I have been impressed by the move this ball makes when it reads friction. We have dulled the Golden and see more total hook without giving up the backend move. We have polished the Golden, which looks super good and got only a bit less hook but more skid- flip in motion. The Golden Jackal surface cleans and adjusts easily and does not seem to lane glaze quickly. To me this is more evidence of a quality cover stock. We just held a Motiv Test Drive (demo day) and the Golden Jackal was a favorite and worked well for all styles from the fresh oil of the first shift till the burn of the third shift. So far I am very pleased with this addition to the Motiv line.

Summary:
The Golden is a very strong angular pearl.
The ball has excellent hit, and drive through the pins.
The Golden is a nice new ball motion offered by Motiv.
I only heard positive things about this ball at our Demo Day.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff

gwendel@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com
video link - https://youtu.be/nKkt4M-Rjns