Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you devoted to one brand?

Default Are you devoted to one brand?

Do you Have to only throw Storm? What about Ebonite? Radical? Anyone else? What is it about their brands that make you come back?

What would it take to get you to switch?

I'm not completely brand loyal but I generally throw Storm/Roto. I've in the past thrown Brunswick & Hammer. I personally tend to stick to Storm/Roto as I find their equipment tends to roll well for me and realistically, their offerings run across every scenario I would need currently.

What would it take me to switch? not much, to be honest. if current line ups didn't look great, didn't adequately fill a need - I'd look elsewhere.

Chats: 32

I was pretty much Brunswick brand loyal for a few years it was primarily what my pro-shop and coach specialized in but now the pro-shop has become more storm/roto oriented but I'm not a fan of their stuff much for my game. I'm currently exploring 900 global but really it has more to do with who is making stuff I want to try. As far as switching goes making your cover stocks understandable plays a big role and being interested at least with producing something besides the next great heavy oil ball (my issue with storm/roto) play a big role.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

I am pretty much only Roto-Grip/Storm. I like the way they roll for me. I am open to other brands, but the last 4 balls I have added to arsenal were won on line and they have all been Storm/Roto balls. Can't argue with that when they are free aside from drilling costs. LOL!!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I've recently went all Radical because Mo Pinel is really active on their Facebook fan page and he's given me suggestions on how to layout my equipment. What other brand can I go onto a Facebook page and ask the ball designer questions.

Now on the flip side. until recently I've thrown almost every brand and bought balls from every manufacturer and everyone makes good equipment now, it really is just personal preference.

Chats: 1

I have mostly Radical in my bag since my switch to 15 lb equipment. I did pick up a Honey Badger Claw from 900 Global which was reminiscent of my LaneMasters Terminator. In the past, I threw whatever seemed to fit in my arsenal. I think it would be easier to list the companies I haven't thrown.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Nope. I tend to really review what I am wanting to do and what will give me that. I have favored a few brands over the years, but no one brand seems be it. In the past I favored Hammer and currently I favor Storm. My 4 ball bag currently has 3 brands in it.

The only valid reason for sticking to one brand today is if you are a staffer and are contractually limited. Different t brands have different characteristics, mainly in the composition of the cover materials, and all have a place. Why limit yourself, other than to try to be "cool"?

High Roller

In my previous bowling life I only used Brunswick but this was back in the early 90's when there wasn't much to choose from. The first ball I bought last year after coming back was a used Storm Sync that had a small crack by the thumbhole so couldn't get it redrilled. Then I bought a Hammer Black Widow Gold, then a Brunswick Rhino then a Brunswick Kingpin then lastly the Radical Conspiracy. So my 4 ball bag has 2 Brunswicks, a Hammer, and a Radical. My favorite is the Radical so will likely be my next ball too.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

My first ball drilled was 4 years ago was the Punch Out from Storm. I am generally brand loyal. Once I get something and like it, it is hard for me to break away. Plus I can't get past the fragrance in the Storm balls.
    Current Arsenal: Storm Phaze 3, RotoGrip Hypercell Fused, Storm Soniq, Storm Timeless, Storm Punch Out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast