Thread: Practiced with my reactive with 4000 surface and polish.....

Chats: 0

Default Practiced with my reactive with 4000 surface and polish.....

It didn't change much with the 4000 surface and polish. Now instead of standing with my right foot by the right gutter I stand with the arch of my slide foot on board 33. I have to make sure that I have a speed of at least 9 mph. I have to be pretty accurate. If it hits a little off I leave a disaster leave. My urethane Blue Hammer was working real good with pocket hits. I would stand on board 30 and belly it out to board 7. It had a good reaction to the pocket. Also when using my reactive I had to roll it with a bent back wrist and it still had a good hook. When you can only throw it with a speed of 9 mph it is hard not to have it hook pretty hard in the dry area. The pattern in our house is 42'. I thought that more of the hook with my reactive would have been calmed down more with the surface change. Oh well, I will just have to deal with it.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

The 9mph stands out to me as being very slow. The ball can't build and release any/much rotational energy at that speed. When I stand (just standing) at the line and practice my swing and release drills I'm usually at 11.5-12mph. Now I know the house speed sensors are not known for high accuracy and are angular sensitive, but still 9mph seems low.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    The 9mph stands out to me as being very slow. The ball can't build and release any/much rotational energy at that speed. When I stand (just standing) at the line and practice my swing and release drills I'm usually at 11.5-12mph. Now I know the house speed sensors are not known for high accuracy and are angular sensitive, but still 9mph seems low.
    I’ve seen senior bowlers throw 9-10 mph taking a four step approach. 9 mph standing at the line isn’t all that slow for some one in his seventies.
    John

My Blue hammer is now my strike ball. I used it 95% of the time as my strike ball in practice. I was getting real good revs and decent hits to the pocket most of the time. I did a little tweaking to my release that gave me more revs. My Raw Hammer Anger ball is relegated to picking up pins like the 6,9 and 10. I guess I can make my Blue Hammer hook like it does because I only get a speed of 9.5 mph at the pins. When you have no approach and you just stand right by the foul line it is hard to get good speed. I could probably get more speed with a higher back swing but then I start to lose control. So I am fine tuned for the 9.5. I am only 5'6" tall and 72 years old. I am not in bad shape by any means like a lot of folks that are 72. I went back to doing my weights to get in better shape.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Chats: 32

I'm only 44 and I only get 10.5 or so with a full approach although I think our speed sensors are at the pins here where other places they are at the front. Not many here faster than 15-16 around here and not many of them. I had a original pearl blue hammer that was my favorite ball ever lol.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone