Thread: Getting away from team mates.

Default Getting away from team mates.

I'd like to hear your experiences when you've found your self with team mates you just don't want to bowl with.

I bowl on a mixed league with one single male , one single female, and a married couple. Myself and the two singles have decided that next year we do not want to bowl with the couple. We don't want to hurt their feelings, or make them mad but we simply don't want them back. How's the diplomatic way of handeling this?

Chats: 0

Once in my previous bowling history something like this came up. A nerdy single guy made inappropriate remarks to the ladies (married and single). I/we talked to the league secretary and she made it clear it was his third strike and shape up or leave. I wasn't there when this pow-wow happened but I think the manager of the bowling center was present too. He left the league shortly after that.

I don't know of a better way than through the league secretary/board. Maybe they can re-arrange the team members, but that does't prevent having to bowl against. It gets complicated as a 2nd or 3rd team has to be involved.

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Pin Crusher

First I never heard of a mixed league with 5 people. Who is the Capt. At the end of every bowling season the Capt. is the one who owns the franchise. He decides who is coming back on his or her team. It is their choice unless the other couple is such a bad team mate that the league has to step in. You have to do what is right for the majority.

Cranker

What is the reason why you don't want the married couple back? As Fordman said, the team belongs to the captain and he can choose whomever he wants to be on the team.

You could always say next season you are going to start your own team because you have a buddy who wants to bowl and the other 2 singles can then "join" your team instead.