Thread: Had my best night tonight in league play.....

Chats: 0

Default Had my best night tonight in league play.....

I had a 135, 154 and a 189 for a 478 series scratch. Now this might not seem like great games but they are for me because I bowl without an approach because of a knee problem on my sliding leg. Try bowling without an approach and see what kind of games you bowl at practice of course. My last game I had four strikes and four spares. In the ninth frame I left one pin and missed it by an 1/8 of an inch. In the tenth I did the same thing after leaving one pin. On that one I think it just nicked the ten pin but not enough to knock it down. If I made both of those frames I would have had mo first game in the 200s this season. I attribute these games tonight to practicing twice a week with my team partner. I was getting tired of bowling like a 98 or 104 and 111s. My series always ended up in the 300s for three games. So this is why tonight was a great night for me. I used to bowl 600 series a lot easier when I had a normal approach. Sometimes on a bad night I would bowl a 495 series. I carried a 186 average. At on point I hit a 191 average. Those days are gone now. So I see that I have to practice no matter what. My hip replacements are healed but my right knee is keeping me from doing a normal approach.

What makes our league kind of bad is that we only bowl every other Saturday. Because of this you have to practice for sure to get timing down and hand positions to find out what hand position works best. I started with my urethane Blue Hammer in the first game. It wasn't working that great for the oil pattern we had. In the second game I had one mark and 4 opens in the first five frames. So I decided to go to my reactive ball for my strike ball. Luckily I figured out how to hold it in my hand. I used the broken wrist position and had my hand turned just a bit. I had my slide foot on board 35 and my break point was like boards 4 and 5. It was kind of creepy when I would throw it and it went that close to the left gutter. But it recovered from there for pocket hits most of the time. Good thing I went to my reactive the last 5 frames of game two. In game three I was in a groove to the pocket and it stayed there. Too bad for that 9th and 10th frame in the third game. It was my best game this year so I am satisfied how I bowled tonight. I am sticking with practicing twice a week now for sure. Practice sure helped me tonight. I am a lefty by the way.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Chats: 221

Nice shooting. If and when i get back to the game I will most likely be in the same boat as you due to my prosthesis. I might even be standing at the line with a walker
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Way to go! Your series was better than my average, and better than my series last night. Keep it up, and keep having fun.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone