Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Bowling During League Play

Chats: 32

I'm pretty sure I'm with the consensus here. If something was going on 3-4 lanes away from him distracting him it's his problem not the houses. I've actually had a few instances of open bowler right next to me during league as long as they half way have lane courtesy and aren't doing anything dangerous I'm ok with it. Under no circumstances does the league deserve more than what it their contract with the house and I've never seen more than a 2 lane buffer in a contract in my life. It's usually one.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I'm with everyone else. I don't see a problem with them being 3 lanes over. I don't think the house did anything wrong.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

With the assumption that your league is one-lane courtesy I would say that the house gave three times the expectation and that people are looking for excuses around their own performance. The house would have a reasonable expectation that (a) three lanes are plenty and (b) that league bowlers would understand how to behave on the lanes they are given. I'm just not very sympathetic to a situation that seems to be an issue with concentration.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    3 lanes and was distracted?? That is certainly not the houses problem, that would be the bowler.

Heck, we have been in a house that puts open bowlers on the first open pair as soon as league starts to finish up.

Some of my best practice can be when I am next to families bowling when little ones run up on the lanes. Having tunnel vision or blocking those distractions out are part of the mental game of bowling.
    Having never possessed cat like reflexes, my nightmare is being on a lane, having wild three year olds running around on the next lane without a ball return in between while I’m swinging a 15# ball.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12