Thread: Stretching a bowling shoe?

Chats: 0

Question Stretching a bowling shoe?

My right foot is about a 1/2 size longer than my left, and normally it doesn't bother me. The last couple of weeks my right foot has almost gone numb and actually hurts to walk by the end of league. So after talking to a shoe repair place on the phone I decided to do what they themselves do... put a shoe stretcher device on the shoe and wait 24/48 hours... I ordered a stretcher from amazon and it'll be here in a couple days. I have Dexter SST Tanks and I have my fingers crossed I don't ruin them.

Has anybody else tried to stretch a bowling shoe? Any success/failures?

Thanks in advance
    Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Chats: 0

I did stretch the shoe, but just a little bit. I'm chicken to ruin a great bowling shoe by going too far, so for now I'll stick with thin socks.

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Chats: 1

There was a product called "Shoe Stretch" that I used in dress shoes. I would spray it into my shoes and walk in them for a bit. It's only for leather.

Chats: 55

To stretch a shoe, you can fill a ziploc bag 1/4 full of water and stuff into toe of shoe (be sure the bag of water is where you want the shoe stretched), then put in freezer til it turns to ice, let thaw about 20-30 minutes, remove and the shoe will be stretched.

Not sure if I would want to try this on my slide shoe but if you have interchangeable soles, it could be removed. Oh, and this only works with leather and sometime canvas, depending on the contents of the fabric.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150