Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match point question

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly. What I meant to ask is why are total pins taken to account. Belmo lost 5 of his 8 matches but still ended up first because of large margins of victory. When you bowl 8 matches and lose 5 of them you should be gone.
    Happy Easter everyone.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Maybe I didn't phrase my question correctly. What I meant to ask is why are total pins taken to account. Belmo lost 5 of his 8 matches but still ended up first because of large margins of victory. When you bowl 8 matches and lose 5 of them you should be gone.
    Happy Easter everyone.
    Not to defend Belmo...which makes me feel ill...but it goes back to the "vice versa" of why match points matter. Just like you could get lucky and go up against easier opponenets on favorable lane conditions to your game...you also could draw harder competition on lanes that don't fit your game.

By having both accumulated pins AND match point bonuses....it kinda evens things out so that it is less likely someone simply has a "luck advantage".

Now, once ya get to the stepladder finals...then ya need to win each match or you're done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12