Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Bowling Survey

Chats: 0

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 8

Righty or lefty? Rightyt

What's your average?: 180

Do you own your own ball?: 4 (DV8 Thug Life, Purple Monster, Freak Out, Phantom)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber, Chris barnes, Jason Belmonte

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Thursday Night Tankers

What's your favorite bowling alley? Manor lanes, Tonawanda, NY

How about your LEAST favorite?: Sheridan Game Zone (closed)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Yes, thats where I honed my game

How about with music playing?: more noise the better

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? yes

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? yes, but while the 6-7-10 was standing. Missed the 6, clipped the 10 into and out of the pit into the 7.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: No

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes

Have you ever won a tournament?: never taken part in one

Do you watch bowling on TV?: yes

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Me

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: put a ball through the masking unit once.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 289

The lowest?: lowest league game was a 120 and it was last year. It was a rough night lol

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: I have yet to crack 700 but been real close

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A lot of them.

Who won?: Depends on the night

Can you hook the ball?: like a banana if needed

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes

Ever left without paying?: never

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Once

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Wouldnt say easy but its not difficult with practice.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling.

Chats: 2

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 3

Righty or lefty? Right/2 hander

What's your average?: 195

Do you own your own ball?: too many to count, currently throwing Storm Phaze II, Storm Phaze, Storm Street Fight, Storm Pitch Blue

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Norm Duke, WRWJ, PDW

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Currently 2, Tuesday night mens, Friday night mixed

What's your favorite bowling alley? Silver Spur Lanes, Lander, WY

How about your LEAST favorite?: Clearview Lanes (currently the Fish Bowl) in Green River, WY. They buff duraslide into the approaches!

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? It doesn't bother me, but I prefer to be able to see my ball reaction

How about with music playing?: Doesn't bother me. In tournaments it can be kind of relaxing and stop me from overthinking

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? not usually

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Have been close, but no

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Yes, 12/27/09. In a month span I shot 2 11-in a rows and 300 between 2 different houses

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Many times

Have you ever won a tournament?: many youth city tourneys, men's city tourney, 2007 Wyoming Youth Scratch and All-Events Scratch

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Used to when it was on ESPN on sundays. Sometimes watch on Xtra Frame when someone I know is bowling

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: That would be me

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: who hasn't forgotten to pull their shoe cover at least once or had a heel come flying off?

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300/799

The lowest?: Oh god...haven't been under 100 since I was about 8. But everyone has a bad game from time to time

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 799

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: When I was younger yeah

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Almost all of them

Who won?: Depends

Can you hook the ball?: In theory, you don't hook the ball, the ball should hook by itself

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: yup

Ever left without paying?: on accident, but I remembered and went back to pay about an hour later

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Once, very drunkenly

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're left handed)?: It should be easier than it is

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: not at the moment, I gotta make that money

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

How old were you when you started bowling?: 12 for league

Righty or lefty? Right

What's your average?: 230 & 220

Do you own your own ball?: way too many

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? I'd have to say Norm Duke

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Yes 2 this year. NBA Jax and Hi-Railers

What's your favorite bowling alley?
    Archer Lanes (closed now)

How about your LEAST favorite?: Archer Lanes (we had a love/hate relationship lol)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Don't really like or dislike it

How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Not often, mostly a liquid diet while bowling

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Once but was during practice

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: yes

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: many people

Have you ever won a tournament?: quite a few as youth and a few as adult

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Try to

Have you ever bowled on TV?: not TV, but the20grander was live streamed for 5 days and crossed the "tv" pair a couple times

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: i usually just wear my shoes and use a house ball but usually me

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling? This season in the beginning of the league my heal came off my slide foot and I went down the lane.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300

The lowest?: Had a 140 something in a tournament last season

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 780 something

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: yes

Who won? Varied day to day

Can you hook the ball?: Yes

Ever left without paying?: not that I recall

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: nope

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: It's not difficult but takes practice

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Meh, only when I have to now days lol

How old were you when you started bowling?: 13 , I think.

Righty or lefty? Right

What's your average?: 215 (synthetic) & 190 (wood)

Do you own your own ball?: Current count = 6

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Not 1 in particular.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Yes, 2 this year.

What's your favorite bowling alley? Don Carter's East (closed)

How about your LEAST favorite?: University Lanes

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? NO

How about with music playing?: Doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Food = no; Beer = YES

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Yes, 3.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Way too many to count.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Highest placement was 3rd place against future hall of famers Norm Duke and Del Ballard, Jr.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yes

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Wife doesn't bowl, so that's not a date night.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling? One time, the ball stuck on my thumb and I face planted.

The lowest?: I remember bowling a 120-something a couple of years ago on a 200+ average.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 772

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Not on Facebook.

Who won? N/A

Ever left without paying?: Don't think so.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I wouldn't call it "easy."

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure.
    Equipment Storm Intense, Storm Byte, Storm Crux, Storm Optimus Solid, Roto Grip Menace (deceased) Hammer Nail Smoke & Fire (deceased), Ebonite Maxim (spare)
    Achievements High sanctioned game - 300 (4); High sanctioned series - 772

Chats: 1

How old were you when you started bowling?: 29

Righty or lefty? Right

What's your average?: 187

Do you own your own ball?: 3

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? I like Norm Duke, he seems like a stand up guy.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Yes, 1 in the winter, and 2 in the summer.

What's your favorite bowling alley? Wayne Webb's in Columbus

How about your LEAST favorite?: Columbus Square Bowling Palace

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? NO

How about with music playing?: Doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? I do but not at the egregious prices they charge.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: No

Have you ever won a tournament?: Never bowled in one

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Rarely, I don't have cable

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Wife doesn't bowl, so that's not a date night.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling? I've stuck and fallen face first in the oil on 3 separate occasions, hopefully my new TPU Xs will help with that.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 269

The lowest?: 85 my first league that I bowled, I had no idea what I was doing, much like our sniper friend.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 644

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Donnie Thompson

Who won? He normally does

Ever left without paying?: No

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I wouldn't call it "easy."

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure.

How old were you when you started bowling?: 10. Bowled leagues until I was 14, then layoff, then came back in early 2016, at 49 years old.

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 154

Do you own your own ball?: 7. I only use about three of them, though. Took some capital risk to find equipment that fit my game.

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Walter Ray Williams, Jr. Also a Pete Weber fan.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Yes. 4-of-a-Kind Vegas League and a sport shot Practice League.

What's your favorite bowling alley? Saddleback Lanes, Mission Viejo, CA. My home house.

How about your LEAST favorite?: I like 'em all. Every joint has it's challenges.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Hate it... but I can do it, if necessary. Practice in it quite a bit. Concentration test.

How about with music playing?: Generally don't like it. If they just looped Cream, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beck and Led Zeppelin, I'd love it.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No. I do not eat toxic bowling center food.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Yes.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yes... On the internet, though.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Usually I do, but my wife can kick my butt on her good nights!

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling? Dropped a couple of balls moving them from the ball return to my bag... they thunked and rolled all over.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 246.

The lowest?: Under 100. I can shoot real low if I'm playing low-ball to practice corner pins. ;-)

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 673.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes. Actually, I got back into bowling on my 49th birthday. We decided to go bowl on a lark. I'd forgotten how much fun it was... Two weeks later, I had new balls and shoes.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: None. I don't use FB in my personal life. Just a page for my business.

Who won? I have a practice buddy... We're pretty evenly matched, so 50/50.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Yep!

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes. I have a very good straight release. If I miss a ten pin, you should immediately wring my neck, because I deserve it.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Yes. What time do you want to meet at the center?
    Last edited by DMS; 04-03-2017 at 08:22 PM.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 10?

Righty or lefty? Right

What's your average?: 191 currently. Just getting back into game after a break. 200+ many times before.

Do you own your own ball?: Only 3 or 4 now. Just picked up a Storm Pitch Blue that I really want to use and do well on my weekly dry shot.

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Mark Roth

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Just one. Tuesday night fun or something.

What's your favorite bowling alley? Sequoia Lanes - Buena Park, CA (not there anymore)

How about your LEAST favorite?: The dump in Laughlin I bowled sweeps like 20 years ago.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Have not bowled with cosmic lights before but don't think I would like it.

How about with music playing?: Sure, anything but country.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? not usually

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Yes

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Many times. Kept score for one back in the day.

Have you ever won a tournament?: No.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Once in awhile.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: No contest so we date elsewhere.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I have banged my left ankle a couple times during release over the years. Embarrassing and painfull.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300, 3 times.

The lowest?: Not sure but everyone has a bad game from time to time.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 785

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Phil Lige back in the day before FB

Who won?: on any given sunday....

Can you hook the ball?: It moves a bit.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: yes

Ever left without paying?: no

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Yes, beer might have something to do with it.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're left handed)?: Yes, most of the time. Confidence goes a long way.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Nope, playing tennis soon.

How old were you when you started bowling?: 4 or 5 probably

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: Would probably be high 160s to 170, were I to bowl enough to bother keeping track

Do you own your own ball?: 2 - My grandfathers 1960s era Dick Weber 5 star rubber ball and a used Brunswick Blast Zone I picked up a couple months ago

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? not sure...

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? I've bowled in one league, a summer league in 1996 or 1997. We won the league and I had high game and high series

What's your favorite bowling alley? I guess the neighborhood one - Westgate Lanes

How about your LEAST favorite?: Can't think of a bad experience...

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? I can't stay up that late anymore

How about with music playing?: I usually don't notice the music

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Never

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Sure, in a video game

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Sure on TV

Have you ever won a tournament?: never entered a tournament

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Now that I found it on youtube, yes

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I did, back when I was a dating kind of guy. Wife has hand issues and doesn't bowl.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: The first time I tried to take a fingertip drilled ball out, I dropped it on my backswing. At one point in my youth, I could barely bowl on the right side of a pair because I would kick the ball return with my right leg on my delivery.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 240-something. Been 20 years don't remember the last digit.

The lowest?: During a semi-annual outing within the last decade I failed to break 100.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: something in the 500s. Never had good third games.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Been to a few, but not sure if one of them was mine....

Who won?: It wasn't about who won, man....

Can you hook the ball?: Now that I have the blast zone, yes. That rubber ball of my grandfathers I swear will slide 75 feet.

Ever left without paying?: No, although in college the center in the student union did not have automatic scorers, so you were just charged for how ever many games were on your handwritten score sheet. I bowled a lot more frames than I paid for.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Don't think so.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: It doesn't intimidate me.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Well, glow bowling starts in 10 minutes and I got work in the morning, so....

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 8

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 178

Do you own your own ball?: Motiv 2Cruel, Hammer Backlash, Storm Ride, Ebonite Maxim

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Nope

What's your favorite bowling alley? The closes one

How about your LEAST favorite?: -

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Noo

How about with music playing?: Music is fine

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Not really

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Not yet

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes

Have you ever won a tournament?: No

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: 50/50

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: None that I can think of

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 268

The lowest?: Around 60

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 623

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes, when I was 12

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A lot of them

Who won?: n/a

Can you hook the ball?: Not yet

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Yep

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 12
    Righty or lefty? Righty
    What's your average?: 207

Do you own your own ball?: 4 (Roto Grip No Rules, Storm Hy Road (2), Storm Mix

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Yes, Vegas Friends and Laughlin Holiday

What's your favorite bowling alley? none in particular

How about your LEAST favorite?: nothing I'll name on this forum

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Doesn't really affect my game

How about with music playing?: Would like it played more or louder on league nights

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Sure

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Yes

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen several people bowl 300 games.

Have you ever won a tournament?: No

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yes

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I do of course, even when I try to lose.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Bowling out of turn, bowling on the wrong lane, getting stuck and falling over the line, ect....

The lowest?: bowled a 98 couple years ago on the last week of league play/sweepers night.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: league play 709

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: I don't do facebook

Who won?:

Ever left without paying?: I don't think so

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: I don't think so

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Absolutely

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast