Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bowling Survey

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?:16

Righty or lefty? Both or should I say either since I use one or the other

What's your average?: 178 right-handed, sport league. 163 left-handed social league

Do you own your own ball?: 3 right-handed, 1 left-handed

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony, Dick Weber, Norm Duke, Walter Ray Williams

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Columbia 300 sport Triathlon, Wednesday Church

What's your favorite bowling alley? Nutmeg Bowl, Fairfield, CT

How about your LEAST favorite?:

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No.

How about with music playing?: Depends on what they're playing.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? I usually try to give the snack bar some business while I'm bowling.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Haven't even come close

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: not yet.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Just last week, on the same pair that I was bowling on in the sport league.

Have you ever won a tournament?: No, but I cashed in the second tournament that I entered, so now I'm hooked.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: yes

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I don't think that my wife and I have ever gone on a bowling date. When we do go bowling together she gets mad when I practice corner pins on the first ball.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Too many to remember let alone list. My latest trick is to lose the ball at the bottom of my backswing.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 279 right, 263 left

The lowest?: I blot the low ones from my mind.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: I have no idea, nothing over 699 I'm sure

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?:

Who won?:

Can you hook the ball?: Left-handed I can make the same ball hook or go straight, Right-handed I have a Hammer Black Widow which I can vary the amount of hook but cannot throw completely straight.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes

Ever left without paying?: No.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?:

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I'd rather shoot the 10 pin right-handed and the 7 pin left-handed.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: No, still smarting from losing all four games last night

Chats: 60

Default Owlish

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 41 is when I started considering myself 'active' in the sport

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 129

Do you own your own ball?: 2 (Storm Natural (12lbs) and Storm Hy-Road (14lbs))

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber and Del Ballard

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Thursday night non-competitive league

What's your favorite bowling alley? Green Acres Bowl, Tyler TX

How about your LEAST favorite?: N/A

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Haven't tried in a couple of years...

How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? rarely

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?:No

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen a 299.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Haven't participated yet.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: When I can, mostly youtube

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, would like to someday

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Date? what's that? hehe

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I fell (slipped due to sand on runway) in front of many people.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 205

The lowest?: 36, I was very very tired and very very new to the sport.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: N/A

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Only one, Jill

Who won?: I did

Can you hook the ball?: Yes. I have another ball specifically for straight shots.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes, both of my balls are fingertip.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I make either shot 60% of the time.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: 80% of the time I do. I am tired right now.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

How old were you when you started bowling?: 10

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 220

Do you own your own ball?: Too many

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Walter Ray

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday Might Men's League

What's your favorite bowling alley? Brunswick Wekiva Lanes

How about your LEAST favorite?: New Smyrna Lanes

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? In the dark, yes. With the crazy lights, no.

How about with music playing?: I love music no matter what I'm doing.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Never.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? 6 times. Twice in league.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 5

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Many of them

Have you ever won a tournament?: Quite a few youth tournaments when I was younger including every event in State tournament, I don't really bowl tournaments anymore.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Every Week

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I'd rather do something besides bowl on a date lol

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I took a nosedive onto the lane during practice at Youth Nationals one time. But the most embarrassing moment was in high school. We were bowling another team for a roll off to see who would win the conference since we tied during the regular season. We were getting killed the first game, and in either the 9th or 10th frame, my foot stuck, and I went head first onto the lane. I actually struck if it weren't for the foul, but I got back up and picked up the spare. We dominated from that point forward and took the conference. It was just really embarrassing since we were the only people bowling in the entire bowling alley and there was about 300 people there. I do a lot of falling I guess :/

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: Didn't we go over this?

The lowest?: I think going back to when I started my lowest game was in the mid 70's. However, in the last 10 years or so my lowest was I believe a 119 in a PBA Experience league. Rough night haha.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 782 in league, I never count practice.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: I don't believe so.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Quite a few of them.

Who won?: I'm sure I've won and lost against quite a few of them.

Can you hook the ball?: Too much sometimes.

Ever left without paying?: Once when I was younger unfortunately.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, you have just as much room as any other pin you would shoot straight at. It's just a mental thing for most people.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Let's do it!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

How old were you when you started bowling?: 7

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 202

Do you own your own ball?: 10+ (Every last one of them is Storm because I don't settle for second best

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Norm Duke

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Wednesday, Miller High Life Matchplay

What's your favorite bowling alley? Four Seasons Bowling Center, Hillsboro Oregon

How about your LEAST favorite?: Park Lanes Hillsboro Oregon (mostly because of the staff, not the lanes)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Depends on the lights and how many drinks I have had

How about with music playing?: I like loud music while I bowl

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? If I am hungry, I will eat

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Not legally, only out of the gutter

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 1 sanctioned and 4 in practice

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I have seen a guy shoot back to back 300s after a 270 for 870!!!!

Have you ever won a tournament?: 2nd a couple times in small tourneys

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Every week, and I DVR the PBA Classics on ESPN classic

Have you ever bowled on TV?: I have been on TV behind the people bowling many times.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: My fiancee has beet me once and she carries the print out in her bag at all times.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Not really. Nothing bad atleast

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300

The lowest?: I shot a 72 the other day playing low ball. Two gutters that count as strikes killed me.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 762 as far as I remember

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: I throw the best birthday parties ever for myself. Ask me for some details, and I will fill you in. I am sure my parents gave me a bowling party at some time in my life.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Too many to count

Who won?: Everyone of them has probably won atleast once in the time I have known them.

Can you hook the ball?: I hook the ball plenty. I am actually teaching myself to hook it less so I don't have to rub against the ball return by game 3.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Of Course!

Ever left without paying?: I am the manager of my center, I don't have to pay

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: More than once.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Easier than most people consider it. I throw all my spairs straight, so if I hit close to my mark it is going down.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I would bowl all day if my stupid knees and fingers could take it. And I could still make the mortgage payment.
    Daniel Mareina
    Storm Staff Member
    Bowling Center Manager/Pro Shop Operator/Bowling Coach

Default re survey

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 9

Righty or lefty? Lefty

What's your average?: 188

Do you own your own ball?: yes 7 plus spare

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? parker bohn

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday early bird/sat glbl

What's your favorite bowling alley?boardwalk bowl orlando florida

How about your LEAST favorite?: don carter lanes ocooe awful lanes

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? sometimes

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? no

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: no

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: yes 4 guys in my tuesday league and 1 on sat

Have you ever won a tournament?:no

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but always wanted to.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I dont bowl on a date

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: i went flat on my back during my throw because i had stepped in a wet spot by the bar

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 270

The lowest?: in last 5 yrs since hooking i bowled a 104 once

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?:697

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes i was 11

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: about 14

Who won?: its been diff times with diff people mostly me

Can you hook the ball?: I can hook the ball, and throw straight if I have to.

Ever left without paying?: 1 time by mistake paid later

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: yes

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, with a plastic ball, I can make the 7-pin about 97 out of 100 times.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling.
    15lb equipment

How old were you when you started bowling?: 8

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 218

Do you own your own ball?: 6 (LevRg, Solid LevRg, A Flip, A Finish, Sahara, Mojave, White Dot)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Walter Ray

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Monday Men;s

What's your favorite bowling alley? Turner's Southside...nice tough wood house

How about your LEAST favorite?: Nellie Fox (PA)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Not bad with a few beers.

How about with music playing? No Prob unless its loud enough to make my ears bleed.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No, just a candy bar or snack and a soda.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? About 3 times in PRACTICE...never in competition

Have you ever bowled a 300 game? 9 total

If not, have you seen someone else do it? So many it has become no big deal

Have you ever won a tournament? 7 or 8 scratch tourneys...smaller entry fees 2 or 3 doubles scratch

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but always wanted to.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins? Never have

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling? left the footie on once after coming inside...slam, slide, curse, wave to the crowd and lick my wounds...

What's the highest game you've ever bowled? I rolled a 232 when I was 9, with HCP it was about 320.

The lowest?: Shot a 121 in a tournament this year before I W/D with back probs...

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 799 sanctioned...816 or so un-sanctioned

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley? No

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with? Dont do Facebook

Who won?: N/A

Can you hook the ball?:I have 3 releases lots of side roll, up the back, and straight

Ever left without paying?: No, unless they just give it to me after practice...I help out in the Pro Shop sometimes

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Woudnt even dream of it..

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?:Yeah, I'll cover 20 or 30 in a row, miss 1 or 2 in a row, then cover a bunch again...its best not to think...lol

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Usually, Yes. But, Bells Palsy messes up your sight so much its hardly worth it.

How old were you when you started bowling?: 16

Righty or lefty? right

What's your average?: 233

Do you own your own ball?: yes several of them and many more to come in the future

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Norm Duke

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s) a PBA experience league

What's your favorite bowling alley? i don't have one

How about your LEAST favorite?: Sports Haven Pittsburgh Pa

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? i don't mind them every once in awhile

How about with music playing?: no i need silence

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? no bowling alley food is not only terrible but expensive

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? no but ive made other really hard splits like the 2-8-10 and the big four

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: no but ive thrown more than enough strikes in a row for one though about a million times

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: yes

Have you ever won a tournament?: some day

Do you watch bowling on TV?: religiously

Have you ever bowled on TV?: no but hopefully someday

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: i always win

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: falling on my face at the foul line

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 290

The lowest?: probably like a 140

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: idk

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: no

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?:none of them

Who won?:

Can you hook the ball?: o yea

Ever left without paying?: yes but they told me they didn't care

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: no

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: depends on what day of the week it is
    Last edited by BowlingObsessed; 06-20-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Chats: 0

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 10

Righty or lefty?Righty

What's your average?: 209

Do you own your own ball?: 6 (Resurgence, Jigsaw Corner, PinSlasher, Cell Pearl, Slingshot, Spare ball))

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony, Mark Roth, Norm Duke

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Thursday Night Mens Foursome

What's your favorite bowling alley? Hazel Park Bowl, Hazel Park, MI

How about your LEAST favorite?: Jib Lanes, Flushing, NY

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, I cannot stand that.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No. I don't eat while I bowl

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: No

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes, quite a few times.

Have you ever won a tournament?: No, but I have cashed. Not enough to retire on, though.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Some of the Ladies I bowl with are better than I am.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I stuck at the line and hopped on one foot practically to the arrows. I looked and felt stupid.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 290, three times.

The lowest?: I've been in the 130's too many times.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 760

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No, but I took my kids to a few.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Most of them.

Who won?: It varies.

Can you hook the ball?: I'm more of a tweener, with not a lot of hand.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: It has been hard for me with the 10-pin, but I have gotten to a steady point with it.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Oh, yes.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?:24

Righty or lefty? righty

What's your average?: 173

Do you own your own ball?: 2, Brunswick Wild Thing and Columbia White Dot (for spares)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? tough question. I think Norm Duke probably.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Fall and Winter Tuesday night church leagues

What's your favorite bowling alley? I bowl at Buster's Bowling in Clarksville, IN. I haven't really tried anywhere else

How about your LEAST favorite?:

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? no

How about with music playing?: It doesn't really bother me, but I guess it depends on the music. Some music sort of gets me "pumped up", and some is just annoying.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Not usually, though I often get something to drink.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? no

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: no

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: no

Have you ever won a tournament?: I've never tried

Do you watch bowling on TV?: yes (also on Xtra Frame)

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I don't think I'd ever take a girl bowling unless they really wanted to.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I shot a 90-something in league once. (my avg was ~145 at the time)

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 222

The lowest?: the aforementioned 90.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 580 something. I nearly got my first 600 series but my spare game was off and I missed a few key single pin spares.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: 1 that I can think of now

Who won?: not me (he has a 50+ avg advantage on me).

Can you hook the ball?: A little. I need to build up my wrist strength so I can keep my wrist straighter and achieve a respectable rev rate.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No, I have my own

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Not really, though I'm getting better.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Always.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 9-16 then started league bowling again at 28

Righty or lefty? Lefty

What's your average?: 178 on monday nights and prob near 200 on Saturday nights. I do better on Saturdays because there is less pressure.

Do you own your own ball?: 2 (Hammer Jigsaw Corner and Raw Hammer Burn)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? I don't really know

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Saturday night "Lousy Bowlers League" and Monday night triples

What's your favorite bowling alley? Elgin Lanes, Elgin, IL

How about your LEAST favorite?: Randall Rd Brunswick Zone, Algoinquin, IL (They way they handled their mixed league was horrible. The center itself is swanky)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, I cannot stand that.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Sometimes but I like the beer more.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Nope but recently made a 6-7-10 split

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Nope

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Just a couple of weeks ago.

Have you ever won a tournament?: no but placed in a 9 pin no tap in Feb. $50

Do you watch bowling on TV?: No but have been on youtube

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I do but my Wife is pretty new to bowling.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Broke my hand while bowling on an 8th grade school trip.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 276

The lowest?: I have no idea, I'm sure its low though but many years ago.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 689

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Nope

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A lot of them.

Who won?: I did because I'm "addicted" to bowling.

Can you hook the ball?: I can hook the ball, and throw straight if I have to.

Ever left without paying?: Nope

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Nope

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, although I hate leaving them

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling and will after work!
    Last edited by slowfaller; 06-23-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast