Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bowling Survey

How old were you when you started bowling?: 13
    Righty or lefty? Righty
    What's your average?: 220
    Do you own your own ball?: 3 (Roto Grip Critical Theory, Roto Grip Cell, Track 916A)
    Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Chris Barnes and Mike Fagan
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? 3. All handicap, 2 competitive.
    What's your favorite bowling alley? AMF White Plains Lanes
    How about your LEAST favorite?: Courtlandt Lanes
    Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Yea it's fun with friends.
    How about with music playing?: Helps me actually focus more.
    Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? At times, depends if I'm hungry.
    Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Never.
    Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 1 Practice. 1 Sanctioned.
    If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Actually just saw one last night.
    Have you ever won a tournament?: Never.
    Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always.
    Have you ever bowled on TV?: Missed that shot by 25 pins.
    When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Depends who the date is with.
    Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Had 11 in a row during cosmic bowling then the ball slipped off my hand and went into the gutter. Lmfao!
    What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300.
    The lowest?: I'd probably say a 60. That was during my first year bowler. I was 13 years old.
    What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 806
    Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Nope, never.
    Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Probably my entire friends list.
    Who won?: Rarely me. I know a lot of great bowlers.
    Can you hook the ball?: Not a lot, but I can make my ball move.
    Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes.
    Ever left without paying?: Only if I get to bowl for free.
    Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Did that once. Ruined my shoes forever. It's alright though, I got new SST8s.
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Absolutely.
    Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I want to live at the damn place.

Chats: 1

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 10

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 196

Do you own your own ball?: Defiant, Infinite Theory, Gravity Shift, Second Dimension, Natural, Hy-Road, Dark Star, and an ice

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Tommy Jones
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? High school/pba experience league in the summer

What's your favorite bowling alley? Salem, IL.

How about your LEAST favorite?: Banks Bowl in Centralia Il

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Hate it.

How about with music playing?: Music is fine

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No, i don't even like to touch my hand whatsoever to keep it dry haha

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Never

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 299....in a high school match...

If not, have you seen someone else do it? My brother has twice, also i bowled with a guy who shot one with a Total Nv, my first ball =P
    Have you ever won a tournament?: Small ones, nothing major

Do you watch bowling on TV?: When i can

Have you ever bowled on TV?: not on like a major station just a local one.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I dont =(

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Other then Eating the approach nah haa.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?:299 STOP ASKING ME!! haha =p

The lowest?: 0, when i was 5 i didnt actually bowl until i was 10 though.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 748

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yep

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: 4 or 5 of them

Who won?: Me of course! nah we go back and forth and have our good and bad days

Can you hook the ball?: yes.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes

Ever left without paying?: Yep

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Nope, im like religious about my shoes, i don't go 10 feet away from the approach without them on
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Very.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: very much so.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: I believe I was 13

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 145

Do you own your own ball?: Ebonite Lane Breaker, '95 Norm Duke Hammer...lol

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Norm Duke or PDW
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? High school/

What's your favorite bowling alley? Shelby Lanes in Shelby Twp. MI

How about your LEAST favorite?: Spartan Lanes without a doubt...worst place ever

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? I prefer no cosmic lights, but if I'm going with friends I can tolerate it

How about with music playing?: As long as it isn't something awful like Nickelback

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? If I'm hungry I'll eat something left handed...beer, well now, thats a whole other story

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Nope

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Nope

If not, have you seen someone else do it? Ummm, I don't think I've ever personally seen somebody do it, this dude was 11 down when I was open bowling with friends once and then he choked.
    Have you ever won a tournament?: I won the bowling tournament at band camp one year...its nothing to be proud of though

Do you watch bowling on TV?: I love to! and if I dont I try to see if youtube has it up

Have you ever bowled on TV?: I wish

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I usually win

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Um, nothing too bad that I can remember

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?:227 once a few years ago with that old school hammer

The lowest?: oh man...I have no idea probably like a 50 or a 60

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: I'm not entirely sure, because I've only recently been actually keeping track of what my whole series was :/ I think 500 is a pretty good guess.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: I haven't personally, but I've been to some

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: quite a few of them 20ish?

Who won?: Most of the time it isnt me...but I win every now and then

Can you hook the ball?: Yep

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yup

Ever left without paying?: I dont believe so

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Nope
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I do...its actually my favorite spare because I tend to get it a lot

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Hell yeah...I might suck though...I just worked out for the first time in forever and I'm really sore lol

Chats: 326

Righty or lefty? Right

What's your average?: 210

Do you own your own ball?: 8 -- only use 4 (Brunswick Nexxus f(P+R), Columbia 300 Action Max, Storm Paradigm, Brunswick Nemesis, Hammer Monster SmashR, Brunswick T Zone, 2 other plastic balls from my youth days)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Norm Duke

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Yes, 2 sunday leagues and a Thursday mixer

What's your favorite bowling alley?

How about your LEAST favorite?:

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? I don't really care.. I don't really try because when and if I go its with friends and its just to have a good time.. Don't really go though.

How about with music playing?: Prefer without, but I'm ok with it on.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No way. Eating is before or after, not during. Need to focus and don't want greasy fingers.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Nope.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 2 Times, both in practice.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes.

Have you ever won a tournament?: No

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yes

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but that's the motivation.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?:

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I pulled a muscle in my neck and couldn't continue bowling. In my youth days, I was mad and wanted to throw it really hard.. in doing so, I took my eye of the target and snapped my neck to get added speed and the rest is history. I mean, who gets injured in bowling and has to leave!?!

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300

The lowest?: Well I'm only 23, so I'll use the last 3 years... *cough* 140 *cough*

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 713 and I'm not satisfied with it. For someone that averages over 200, Its odd I've never had a higher series.. I did just start bowling again a few months ago, but I wish I AT LEAST had a high 700 series, even though I want 800.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes, when I was a little kid, I often times wanted my birthday at the bowling alley.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: a few of them

Who won?: Me.. they aren't really competitive bowlers

Can you hook the ball?: yes.

Ever left without paying?: Nope

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, I think its "easy". That doesn't mean I pick it up as much as I'd like to. I only pick it up about %85-%90 of the time and want to at least get it to %95.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Always.

Lightbulb

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 11
    Righty or lefty? Right
    What's your average?: 182
    Do you own your own ball?: 3 (Roto Grip Mutant Cell, Brunswick Diamondback, Jet Altitude)
    Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber, Mike Fagan, Tom Hess (Iowa Boy)
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Wednesday Night Mixed League, Bowling in 2 person mixed this summer
    What's your favorite bowling alley? Rose Bowl, Mason City, IA
    How about your LEAST favorite?: Shenandoah, IA (old wood lanes, hated it)
    Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Everyone once in a while its alright but usually no.
    How about with music playing?: Can deal with music as long as it isn't blaring
    Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Not very often during league, will when bowling for fun.
    Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Never
    Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 1 time in practice
    If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen numerous people bowl 300 games.
    Have you ever won a tournament?: Never won a tournament, highest placing was 5th in city doubles a few years back.
    Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always
    Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but it would be awesome to get to that point.
    When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I spot my wife 100 pins so she usually wins (need to start spotting her less!)
    Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I've thrown the ball backwards on the appoach before, but the only other embarrassing moment would be falling in the lane once.
    What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300 in practice, 279 in league
    The lowest?: I'm sure I was sub 100 when I was first starting but in recent time my lowest would be a 108
    What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 696
    Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Not my birthday party but have gone to a few.
    Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A lot of them.
    Who won?: I've won a lot but overall its pretty even. bowl with friends quite often
    Can you hook the ball?: Throw with a hook, re teaching myself to throw it straight for spares
    Ever left without paying?: Unless it was free, no.
    Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Nope, have my own shoes so pretty protective.
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Struggle at times but yes it is easy to get.
    Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I could live at the bowling alley, ask my wife!

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: For fun...pretty young. But just recently started going a lot 2 months ago, and i'm 25.

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 160

Do you own your own ball?: 1 freeze

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? I enjoy watching Pete Weber, WRW, Fagan, and Duke

Do you bowl in a league? No

What's your favorite bowling alley? Cedarvale Lanes, Eagan, MN

How about your LEAST favorite?: I'm just going to go with my least favorite bowler....Patrick Allen.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, who does?

How about with music playing?: As long as it's not new age country or nickleback then it's fine.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Nope, if I'm bowling with friends I'll get a jack and coke though

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: No

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: No

Have you ever won a tournament?: NO

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yes

Have you ever bowled on TV?: I wish

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I don't take it easy on the lasses.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Anytime I toss one in the gutter is embarrassing to me.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 263

The lowest?: I bowled a 98 today, baaaad day.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: Not sure

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Too many.

Who won?: No one was ever really dominant.

Can you hook the ball?: Not very well, I can throw the straightest straight ball you've ever seen.

Ever left without paying?: Couple times in high school.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Not really. Still working on it. Probably only at about 60% of the time.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure...you're buying.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 23
    Righty or lefty? lefty
    What's your average?: 203
    Do you own your own ball?:lots
    Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Johnny Petraglia
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Monday, tuesday, thrusdAY
    What's your favorite bowling alley? woodland bowling indianapolis
    How about your LEAST favorite?: riverside lanes
    Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? got a tzone you tell me
    How about with music playing?: music yes rap no
    Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? yes fork no fingers
    Have you ever made the 7-10 split? close touched 7
    Have you ever bowled a 300 game?:yes
    If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen numerous people bowl 300 games.
    Have you ever won a tournament?: Nope
    Do you watch bowling on TV?: record it too
    Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but did for golf
    When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: me but not a crushing
    Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: maybe don't remember
    What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300
    The lowest?: very low
    What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 806
    Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: bowled on my b-day
    Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: none
    Who won?: na
    Can you hook the ball?: in the air lol
    Ever left without paying?: yes not on purpose
    Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: yes got home the alley had mine
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: like the wind
    Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I can't stand the smell on my clothes from the alley but you are paying lets go

How old were you when you started bowling?: 35

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 175

Do you own your own ball?: 6 (Anarchy, Marvel, Marvel Pearl, Nano Solid, Frantic, Vivid)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Norm Duke

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Monday night Quads, Pinpushers

What's your favorite bowling alley? Great Valley Lanes, Pittsburgh, Pa

How about your LEAST favorite?: The ones that gash my balls!

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No

How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? no

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Not yet

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen countless people bowl 300 games.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Entering my first one April 1st

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always, and re-watch on DVR

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I do, but my wife isn't bad.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Bowled an 81 in a sport shot league last summer (hot day, lots of pitchers and thats my story), my buddy named his team "81" for our fall league in honor of it.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 257

The lowest?: The 81 mentioned above

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 704, last week!!!

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No, but when my son gets a little older, we will have his there

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Don't believe in Facebook.

Who won?:

Can you hook the ball?: Yes, but not that many revs yet though, still learning

Ever left without paying?: no

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: nope

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: no, but over the last 2 months I would say I'm getting it a little bit better than 50% now

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Yes I would.

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

How old were you when you started bowling?: 9-11 as child, returned for 2 years as 19 yo and returned about 4 and half years ago.
    Righty or lefty? lefty
    What's your average?: 199
    Do you own your own ball?: 4 (Storm Virtual Energy, Virtual Gravity Nano, Crossroad and Track Spare)
    Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? too many to choose, love watching most pba players, Bill Oneil, Mike Fagan, Belmo and Dom Barrett.
    Do you bowl in a league? two and sub sometimes.
    What's your favorite bowling alley? Salisbury Bowland
    How about your LEAST favorite?: Ingle Farm Bowland
    Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? its ok for a bit of fun!
    How about with music playing?: yeah, doesn't bother me.
    Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? not really, sometimes they have a special that might be ok.
    Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Never.
    Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: no
    If not, have you seen someone else do it?: yeah, a few times now.
    Have you ever won a tournament?: just our local house, bowler of the year comp.
    Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always.
    Have you ever bowled on TV?: nope.
    When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: me.
    Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: dropping the ball on my backswing, no less than 5 times, but none recently lol!!
    What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 280 9 spare 2nd frame.
    The lowest?: try to erase those from memory, 120 something in leauge once, probably worse when i was a junior.
    What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 698
    Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: no, my kids have had and attended plenty though.
    Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Plenty!
    Who won?: you have your ups and downs.
    Can you hook the ball?: yes
    Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: yes
    Ever left without paying?: once, totally forgot!
    Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: never, dont even go to the toilet with them on!
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: no way!!
    Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: walking out the door to go to leauge right now, wish me luck lol .

SandBagger
    Chats: 2

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 7

Righty or lefty? righty

What's your average?: 218

Do you own your own ball?: 9 (current arsenal: HOLE POUNDER SOLID, HOLE POUNDER PEARL, PINK PANTHER)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? SEAN RASH, NORM DUKE

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? FAMILY AND FRIENDS, BELLES AND BEAUS

What's your favorite bowling alley? CENTER BOWL, ANCHORAGE,AK

How about your LEAST favorite?: CLASSIC AND SERRA BOWL(CLOSING SOON), DALY CITY, CA

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? HELL NO!

How about with music playing?: DEPENDS ON WHAT IT IS

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? NEVER. I EAT A HOUR OR SO BEFORE I BOWL AND NEVER HEAVY.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? STILL TRYING

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 2 IN COMP. 4 IN PRACTICE.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: AH TONS OF THEM.

Have you ever won a tournament?: SOME WHEN I WAS A JR. NOTHING MAJOR YET.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: WHEN I GET THE CHANCE.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: YA. IT WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL ON PUBLIC ACCESS.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I DO SO I CAN FLEX MY SWEET BOWLING MUSCLES

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: FIRST PRACTICE BALL SHOE STUCK ON SOMETHING SERIOUS ON MY SLIDE STEP AND THERE I WENT OUT PAST ARROW FLAT ON MY FACE.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300 AND WON

The lowest?: SINCE I STARTED AVG. 200... PROBABLY LIKE A 140 SOMETHING.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 786

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: NO WAY

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: VERY FEW

Who won?: ME

Can you hook the ball?: IF THATS WHAT I NEED TO DO

Ever left without paying?: NEVER HAD THE CHANCE

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: NEVER NEVER NEVER

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: MEH

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: HELL YA!!!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast