Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bowling Survey

Chats: 0

How old were you when you started bowling?: 8

Righty or lefty? Lefty

What's your average?: 206

Do you own your own ball?: 6 currently: (Storm Reign of Fire, Storm IQ Tour Pearl, Roto Grip Defiant, Roto Grip Dark Star, Doom Raw Hammer, Denver spare ball)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Jason Belmonte, Diandra Asbaty, Parker Bohn III

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Thursday night adult league, Saturday morning youth league.

What's your favorite bowling alley? AMF Keon Park

How about your LEAST favorite?: AMF Highpoint

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Not really.

How about with music playing?: It's ok as long as it's not too loud.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Nope

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Once, bowled it 2 weeks ago

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen many people bowl 300 games.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Just small no-tap tournaments, nothing big yet.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always, when it's actually on.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: Nope.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?:

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Thumb got stuck in the ball and it never went down the lane, nearly did a Machuga Flop.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300.

The lowest?: No clue, probably around 50 when I was first starting out.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 712.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yeah, friends weren't happy getting beaten.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Quite a few that don't actually bowl.

Who won?: Me.

Can you hook the ball?: Yes.....

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes.

Ever left without paying?: I don't think so.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: I think I did that once.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I struggle sometimes.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Everyday if I could.

The Bowling Survey
    This is a little thing going around Facebook right now...thought I'd put my survey here to have some fun. If you wish to participate, cut and paste into a reply, change the answers to be yours, and then we're off and running. Here we go:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: first time really little 5 or 6....first league in college..i was 21

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 151

Do you own your own ball?: 4 (Marauder,HellRaiser,Rotogrip Berserk (i won it but havent got it yet and a very old Brunswick Rhino)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Wednesday Night American Legion

What's your favorite bowling alley? Brownsburg Bowl..I roll good there and they have a super hot counter girl

How about your LEAST favorite?: Woodland Bowl right now....I suck there for some reason

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Never tried it

How about with music playing?: I like music

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Sometimes...you can get a pitcher and a pizza for 10 bucks on league night

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Nope

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: A few times on TV

Have you ever won a tournament?: never been in one but i doubt i would win

Do you watch bowling on TV?: sure

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I do

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Got stuck on the approach and fell onto the lane...another guy did it right before I did

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 217

The lowest?: less than 100 but that was a long time ago

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 570 ish

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A few

Who won?: I dunno

Can you hook the ball?: yep

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes

Ever left without paying?: absolutely not...I hate that kind of bush league stuff

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: nope

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: im about 70 % on 10 pins
    Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: I first bowled in a league when I was 9, but I never took bowling seriously until I was 14

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 179

Do you own your own ball?: DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge, Storm Sync, Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl, Lane #1 Big Curve

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Oksu Palermaa

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Saturday youth

What's your favorite bowling alley?

How about your LEAST favorite?:

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Some people think its fun. Fun gives me a headache.

How about with music playing?: Music is okay sometimes

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? I can kinda get away with eating because I don't use my thumb unless I'm shooting spares.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Not yet

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes, to my disdain.

Have you ever won a tournament?: I have won three handicap "youth" maryland USBC tournaments, and I have three top ten finishes in PJBT tournaments.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: I DVR it every Sunday.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: It's a dream I haven't fulfilled.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Yes, but I lay off a bit. I usually take 20-30 pins off my score.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I'm got face first into the lane.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 267

The lowest?: I threw a 127, and then a 247.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 667

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes, last one when I was 13

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Quite a few of them

Who won?: It depends, but I normally win.

Can you hook the ball?: With 550 revs, it better hook

Ever left without paying?: sometimes I still forget, and then the guilt hits me.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Yes. only once though.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: It depends how pissed I am

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: YES! I would love to obliterate some pins
    220/300x4/761

I only throw a hyroad

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: I first bowled in a league when I was a youngster....probably like 8-9

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 205 (211 overall)

Do you own your own ball?: Storm Frantic, Storm Marvel Pearl, Roto Grip Defiant, Roto Grip Cell Pearl, Plastic Spare

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Walter Ray Williams Jr.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Wednesday Night

What's your favorite bowling alley? Texa-Tonka Lanes, St. Louis Park, MN

How about your LEAST favorite?: Waconia Lanes

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, can't see my mark well.

How about with music playing?: Love music playing. Sometimes bowl with headphones. I get in a zone and get pumped up.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Not really. Gets on my fingers.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes, a number of times.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Never entered one.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: I DVR it every Sunday.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: I've videotaped myself and watched it on tv. Does that count?

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Yes, but I lay off a bit. I usually take 20-30 pins off my score.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Left foot stuck, went down onto the foul line a hands onto the oil. No one saw that I know of.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 289 (front 10)

The lowest?: This year's lowest in league 118.....4 splits and 6 opens total.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 761 (726 in league)

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: nope

Which of your Facebook friends have you gone bowling with?: basically just Eric and his wife. One my team.

Who won?:I win 95% of the time. He has 170 ave I have about 213 in practice.

Can you hook the ball?: Yes. Stroker, lower revs but pretty accurate.

Ever left without paying?: Nope

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Nope

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: It's pretty easy in practice when the pressure's off, but I get WAY to nervous in league. I need to get over this ASAP!!!

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: YES! Always.

How old were you when you started bowling?: 19

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 200

Do you own your own ball?: 5 (Ebonite Mission X, Ebonite Smash Time Pearl, Ebonite Game Plan, Ebonite Tornado, Ebonite Clear Wolf Plastic)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Don't really have one

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Thursday Cash Singles

What's your favorite bowling alley? AMF Capalaba

How about your LEAST favorite?: AMF Richlands

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Not for league, but I do think it is good for social play

How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? no, and drink water only

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Never, but I have spared the big 4 once.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: A few times yes.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Best finish for me was tied 3rd at a local tour stop

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but always wanted to.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Married now, so I usually beat the wife.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I am sure there has been, but none spring to mind

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 290. 9/ off the sheet

The lowest?: Bowled a 137 iin league a couple weeks back.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 735

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No, but my eldest son has.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Do not have facebook.

Who won?: N/A

Can you hook the ball?: Absolutely

Ever left without paying?: I do not believe so.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Definitely not.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Not for me, not even with my clear wolf plastic.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 18

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 210

Do you own your own ball?: 5 (Critical Theory, Bersek, Shatter, Frantic, Soccer Ball (spare ball))

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Tommy Jones

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Friday Night Inventational

What's your favorite bowling alley? BZ Hawthorn

How about your LEAST favorite?: BZ Deer Park

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, I cannot stand that.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? sometimes

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? no

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: no

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen countless people bowl 300 games.

Have you ever won a tournament?: no

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: N/A

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Flagging the 5 pin 6 times in Nationals

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300

The lowest?: 127

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 774

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: no

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A few of them

Who won?: Depends on who bowled better - or in reality - carried better

Can you hook the ball?: I can hook the ball, and throw straight if I have to.

Ever left without paying?: no

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: I always had my own shows, so I was careful always to take them off before I left.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling.

Sorry I typed no for have you ever bowled a perfect game. I bowled a 300 I tried to edit my post but would not let me.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 4

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 178-183

Do you own your own ball?: 3 (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)Jacked Raw HAMMER (: .)HAMMER Black Widow

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Norm Duke

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? 3 (2 USBC: Monday Night Mens, Thursday Night Mixed) & Wednesday Mixed (6 team Family Fun)

What's your favorite bowling alley? Thunderbird Lanes, Willow Grove, PA 19090

How about your LEAST favorite?: We tore that shack down.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? "No, I cannot stand that." - Agreed w/ explorer05

How about with music playing?: I live for music; I practice with headphones on.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? I usually eat before I arrive, but might snack.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? NOPE; nor the 4-9.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Not yet...

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: My Dad has bowled 11.. I've witnessed 3 of his and 4 others.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Entering 1st State Tournament this May.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Whenever I can; watch a lot of YouTube videos, too.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but as long as I keep working on my game, I envision myself doing so.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I usually win, unless its glow bowling and I'm throwing plastic alley balls. I could bowl better without contacts/glasses than when "glow bowling".

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Stringing 7 strikes and then throwing a gutter. (2011)

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 279 (12/12/12) - see all my stats here

The lowest?: I'm sure under 60... don't have record of my games as a kid.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 689 (12/12/12) Most consistent (3 210+ games = 223 225 215 = 663 (02/06/2013) - see all my stats here

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: almost every year between 4-12. LOL!

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Too many to list. I'd say about 25 or so.

Who won?: We have bowled in various leagues together. Sometimes on the same team.

Can you hook the ball?: I throw a fingertip; flatten it out and roll it over the holes for that lazy 10 pin.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes (could've read ahead, I guess).

Ever left without paying?: Only in league when I've paid weeks in advance or when subbing in a league where subs don't pay.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Funny... I just did this a few weeks ago after practice. Wire brush cleaned 'em up.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: It's not easy. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being easy, I'd say solid 8. (recently I'm closer to 92% conversion rate on the 10 pin).

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Every day of my life. I still take three days off when I'm not at the lanes; but I find myself thinking about bowling, practicing form and talking bowling at all times of day.
    Last edited by SmilingBowler; 03-02-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 26

Righty or lefty? Lefty

What's your average?: 144

Do you own your own ball?: 3 (Backlash, Misfit, and Tzone)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Parker Bohn III, Earl Anthony, Rhino Page, Dick Weber

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday Lunch n Bowl, Friday Senior Funday, Sunday Miller Funtime

What's your favorite bowling alley? Foothill Lanes in Fontana

How about your LEAST favorite?: No such thing if there is an alley i'll beat anyone there (if scoring was like golf while seriously going after strikes)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? If I'm with a chick and beer lol.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Yeah I'm constantly bowling after class or work so no time to separate eating and bowling sometimes.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Once and then....I woke up.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Nope but gosh how I dream about it lol.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: 1 person so far.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Haven't entered a tournament yet. But thinking about trying.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I ease up to keep it close but sometimes they just throw it away at the end to have fun. Had a date start bowling with her left in the 8th.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Probably an old story the usual I'm talking to a hot chick and than my foot get stuck on the approach to face plant. But only if the foul buzzer is on so everyone can gander. Twice so far.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 232 huzzah!!!

The lowest?: 56 first day I started bowling showed up with a ball, shoes, and bag ive never used before and proceeded to embarass myself

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 589

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: What is a birthday party? lol

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Am I the only one not on facebook nowadays.

Who won?: I always win (bowling against myself)

Can you hook the ball?: I can hook the ball. Hook it well though now that is another story

Ever left without paying?: No

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: I always had my own shoes kind of germaphobic in that regard.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: No that 7-pin is my archnemesis.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Name the time and place and i'll will definitely....... lose with the tiniest gap I can get. (Cause I'm still really inconsistent)
    High game: 232/High series 587. Arsenal: Hammer Backlash, Tzone Catchphrase: Those pins just got smoked (followed by the double hand pistols) Catchphrase performed rate: 0%
    Faceplants on alley: 2 Reason for signature: everyone here has really fancy ones.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 2

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 203

Do you own your own ball?: 2 (Brunswick BVP Nemesis, Motiv 2Cruel)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Webber or Parker Bohn III, though more recently I've become fascinated with Belmo and Osku.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Not currently, but hopefully this summer.

What's your favorite bowling alley? Royal Lanes, Lutz, FL

How about your LEAST favorite?: N/A

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? I avoid it like the plague.

How about with music playing?: I would prefer the ambient sounds of the alley, but music doesn't really bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? I think I made it once as a kid, but I might be making that up.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Only of the Andy Veripapa variety.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Numerous times.

Have you ever won a tournament?: No.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Obsessively.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: Not yet.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I'm married, but I wouldn't hold anything back.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: No.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 288

The lowest?: I vaguely remember shooting a 110 in a tournament when I was about 13, which had been preceded by a 267......Consistency, it's what I do.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 690-something.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Probably, but I don't remember for sure.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: None.

Who won?: N/A

Can you hook the ball?: Yes, lots, but I straighten it out with a slight back-up when shooting some spares.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes.

Ever left without paying?: No, I'm a good person.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Once, before I had my own.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: It's not hard.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Absolutely. I'll be there in five.
    In the bag: Roto Grip Defiant Soul, Brunswick BVP Nemesis, Motiv 2Cruel

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast