Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bowling Survey

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 15

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 175

Do you own your own ball?: 2 (Ebonite Tiger and Ebonite Maxim

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Chris Barnes

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Soon

What's your favorite bowling alley? Roor River Lanes

How about your LEAST favorite?: Don't have a least favorite

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Yes

How about with music playing?: Yes

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Yes

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Not yet.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Not yet.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Not yet.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Regional Doubles tournament, a long time ago

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yes

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Me (my wife is still a beginner)

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Slide foot slid too far too fast and I landed on my hip. Still got a strike.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 253

The lowest?: 85?

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 656

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Many of them

Who won?: Depended on the day

Can you hook the ball?: Yes

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes

Ever left without paying?: No

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling.

Chats: 36

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 8
    Righty or lefty? Right
    What's your average?:199 and rising...
    Do you own your own ball?: 5 (Critical Theory, Cross Road, Reign Supreme, Black Ice, and an old Columbia U2)
    Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony (Lefty), Rhino Page (Righty)
    Do you bowl in a league? Yes. Wednesday AM Doubles
    What's your favorite bowling alley? Slate Belt Lanes, Bangor PA and Crystal Lanes, Corning NY.
    How about your LEAST favorite?: Billye Bowl, Bradford PA
    Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, I cannot stand that.
    How about with music playing?: Love it - the crunchier the better...
    Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Not usually.
    Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Yes, twice in league play. Also converted the 4-6-7-10 the same night...
    Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 5 times and a 299 two weeks ago...
    If not, have you seen someone else do it?: n/a
    Have you ever won a tournament?: Local stuff in singles, some national tournaments in team events.
    Do you watch bowling on TV?: Oh yeah.
    Have you ever bowled on TV?: Got on TV once...
    When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Me. I wouldn't let me own mother beat me...
    Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Last week I stuck on the approach (someone had spilled Coke and not cleaned it up completely) and I ended up on my kisser...
    What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300
    The lowest?: My first game ever was a 41
    What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 856 in 1980 (Using a Columbia Yellow Dot "Bleeder")
    Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Nope
    Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: 8 or 10
    Who won?: Usually I did
    Can you hook the ball?: Yes, though I don't like the modern idea that the more hook you throw the better bowler you are. I cover plenty of boards without trying to crank it...
    Ever left without paying?: Never
    Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Never
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes
    Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: You betcha...

How old were you when you started bowling?: 11 (I'm 15 now)

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 169

Do you own your own ball?: No. Well, yes, but its from when I first started and only 8 pounds. Way way way too light for me now.

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Walter Ray Williams Jr.

Do you bowl in a league? Yes

What's your favorite bowling alley? My hometown alley. I've only been to a few others.

How about your LEAST favorite?: None.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Don't mind, though I won't bowl quite as good.

How about with music playing?: Don't mind it.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: No

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: No, closest I've seen is 10 in a row to start a game.

Have you ever won a tournament?: I haven't done any tournaments yet.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: I'm starting to. I've watched a lot on youtube.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Well I've never been on a bowling date, but I'd win.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Not particularly.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 214

The lowest?: When I was first starting I bowled like a 28, lol.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 565

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes, many times

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A few

Who won?: I did. None of them bowl.

Can you hook the ball?: Eh, a little bit. I throw a straight ball.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: No

Ever left without paying?: No, and my bowling alley makes you pay beforehand anyway.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Yes. I had to go back and return them.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I used to think it was hard, but I get it most times now.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure, why not?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

How old were you when you started bowling?: 33 (bowled for a year or two when i was 19 but stopped for a long time.)

Righty or lefty? Righty, some would say both, because I two hand.

What's your average?: 178

Do you own your own ball?: 6 Track 607a, 508a 919c, columbia freeze, rotogrip mutant cell pearl and columbia white dot.

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time: Belmo, Osku, Weber, Fagan (from the same area of Long Island) Tommy Jones, and Robert Smith.
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Thursday mixed.

What's your favorite bowling alley? Tie, Bowl Long Island, Pathcogue NY, and AMF Sayville NY

How about your LEAST favorite?: AMF Smithtown NY, so dry it nearly wrecked my equipment , and AMF Shirley NY, The approaches suck

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Kind of, I like how my ball looks spinning in those lights.

How about with music playing?: Yes, love when a good tune is playing when I'm bowling

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? no,and I rarely eat before either, i hate bowling on a full stomach

Have you ever made the 7-10 split: nope, never really close either

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Once, in a practice game, on a single lane

If not,have you seen someone else do it?: other than mine I've seen one in person

Have you ever won a tournament?: no, only entered one and I didn't make it out of qualifying

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, never will cause i suck

When you go bowling on a date,who usually wins?: I've never lost to a date, or my wife.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Bowling with my niece's and there friends, first ball I fell down cause I stuck.!

What's the highest game you've ever bowled: 300, other than that 268.

The lowest? When I was 19 Ibowled a 32, and I waz trying. Recently 99 game I was trying. I bowled lower screwing around.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 750

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: no, but my wife did

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: I have a few.

Who won?: me, most of my friends aren't as dedicated to bowling as i am

Can you hook the ball?: Yes, I have less of a hook with my thunb in, but I can still hook it

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: no, not when I two hand, however when the thumb is i , yes

Ever left without paying?: no

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: nope, and i haven't rented shoes since Ithe was 19

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: I go through streaks when at times it's easy, at times it's tougher

Lastly,wanna go bowling right now?: man I have would love to go bowling rigbt now, or any time for that matter.

Chats: 0

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 13

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 147

Do you own your own ball?: 3 Mass Chaos, Hellraiser, Target Zone

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Havent paid enough attention to have one yet.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Happy Hour

What's your favorite bowling alley? Sunset Lanes Beaverton Or

How about your LEAST favorite?: DeLake Bowl....they never oil the lanes.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Not really

How about with music playing?: Depends what music

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Yes....beer is a snack right?

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Not yet.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Not yet.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Not yet.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Yes we won the spring Happy Hour league

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I'm married and my wife wont let me date.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Guttered 4 times in a row

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 267

The lowest?: 104

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: Cant remember

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: 7

Who won?: Usually me

Can you hook the ball?: Yes

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: No

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Chats: 0

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 4 - started bowling duckpins - started 10 pins when they built a new modern house in 1959 age 12

Righty or lefty? Right

What's your average?: 217
    Do you own your own ball?: 6 (all brunswick except for the polyester Roto-Grip world spare ball)
    Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony, Dick Weber, Mark Roth (actually had the opportunity to bowl against Dick in a PBA tournament in NYC.
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Thursday night Mens League - James Rivard Pontiac
    What's your favorite bowling alley? Have had many over the years
    How about your LEAST favorite?: None
    Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, I cannot stand that.
    How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me, but would rather have it lower volume during practice.
    Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? no, and I rarely eat before either. You bowl better when hungary, you have better reflexes. Eat early
    Have you ever made the 7-10 split? twice
    Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 5 times in competition, 3 in practice
    If not, have you seen someone else do it?:Many, had 37 300 games shot in our league this season.
    Have you ever won a tournament?: Local association tourneys only
    Do you watch bowling on TV?: when I remember it's on
    Have you ever bowled on TV?: Once, when I was a kid....bombed out lost the match. Still a thrill though.
    When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Wife only a newby bowler, daughter 'bout 150....no competition
    Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Not that I can remember
    The lowest?: ??????
    What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 856 - 277 - 278 - 300
    Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes, 16th.
    Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: N/A
    Who won?: N/A
    Can you hook the ball?: I normally hook the ball, and throw straight at most right hand spares.
    Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Yup....Walked into my house wearing my dexters !
    Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, with a plastic ball, 98% accuracy.
    Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling. Of Course!

Chats: 7

How old were you when you started bowling?: Which time? First a youth league around 10, 1 season. Bowled in 3-4 leagues for a couple of years in my early 20's. Started again in mid 40's when my HS age son wanted to join the HS bowling team.

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: around 140, no leagues just keeping track of my open bowling scores

Do you own your own ball?: 4 - Old 12# Brunswick Pearl, 14# Brunswick Twister Urethane, 14# Storm Tropical Heat Orange/Purple and 14# 900 Global Hook! Red/Yellow

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Not yet

What's your favorite bowling alley? Hamilton Lanes.

How about your LEAST favorite?: Papp's (old, no automatice scoring, rarely open).

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Doesn't bother me

How about with music playing?: Doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Not really.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: No, 201 is my best game since I started bowling most recently

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: No

Have you ever won a tournament?: No

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Whenever I can

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Married, but I usually win

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Either losing to my 15 year old son heads up, or dropping the ball on approach

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 201

The lowest?: Sub 100 a few times

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 502 since I took up bowling most recently

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes,a birthday party for my son

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A few

Who won?: Usually I do

Can you hook the ball?: Slight hook

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Should be but can be hard at times

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling.

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 5

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 200, give or take

Do you own your own ball?: Yes, more than I can count.

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony. Dick Weber. Mark Roth. Marshall Holman. Carmen Salvino. Pete Weber.

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Monday Night High Rollers. Still deciding on where else I'm going to bowl this Fall. I'll probably bowl in 2 or 3 leagues, each at a different house.

What's your favorite bowling alley? All time favorite has to be Forum Bowling Lanes, Grand Prairie, TX. But I don't live there anymore. So I'll vote for Stars and Strikes in Cumming, GA.

How about your LEAST favorite?: Don Carter's All Star Lanes in Dallas, TX (on Hillcrest). I don't know if it's still open. I don't have a "least favorite" where I live now.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? It doesn't really matter to me. I thought Moonlight Bowling was cool when I was a kid. Now, I'd rather bowl with the lights on.

How about with music playing?: Doesn't matter. I don't hear it anyway.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Only if they have something healthy, like a grilled chicken salad.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Yes, when I was a junior bowler. But oddly enough, it happened by accident, and on the first ball in a frame. I dropped the ball, picked off the 10, and somehow, miraculously, it rattled around back there and tipped out the 7. I've also made the double-pinochle (4-6-7-10).

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Never in sanctioned play. Six times in practice. The only time I've ever missed on the 12th ball was the only time I ever got the first 11 in sanctioned competition. Hung a ringin' 10, dammit.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've never actually seen anyone bowl a 300 game in person. Although I was away from the game for about 30 years. Now that I'm back, I fully expect that I will...and probably fairly often.

Have you ever won a tournament?: Once. It was a silly mixed doubles no-tap thing.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yep. I also have quite a collection of bowling videos. See them on my YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/BowlingOldies

Have you ever bowled on TV?: Strictly speaking, yes. But never on broadcast television.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: What's a date?

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Once when I was a kid, I decided at the last second not to let go of the ball and...well...you can probably guess what happened. I ended up face-down in the gutter about 10 feet beyond the foul line...with the ball still attached to my right hand.

The lowest?: First game I ever bowled in my life was a 52.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 847 (278-280-289). I also have a pair of 803s.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No. But in high school, there was an all-night bowling party the night of graduation. (It was a simpler time back then. HA!)

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: (Grammar Police: You mean, "...have you GONE bowling with?") Uh, a few. But who my Facebook friends are is none of your business.

Who won?: Sometimes them, sometimes me.

Can you hook the ball?: Of course. And I can throw it straight if I need to.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes.

Ever left without paying?: Many times. But it wasn't stealing. As a former PBA member, I used to get a lot of my bowling comped. And even now, some of the places I bowl give free games to their league bowlers. So yeah, I've left without paying many times. Free bowling is the best bowling.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No. I have my own shoes, thanks.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: After a long (almost 30 year) hiatus from bowling, I have struggled with 10-pins this Summer. But I've spent a lot of time recently practicing spares, and in particular, 10 pins, since this has been one of my biggest sources of annoyance since returning to the game. I will be better with 10 pins this Fall.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: My answer would usually be, "Yes." But I've bowled every day for the last couple of weeks, and have league tomorrow night. I'm actually ready for a day or two off, thanks.

How old were you when you started bowling?: 29

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 142

Do you own your own ball?: yes, Columbia 300 Freeze

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber, he's mental case and I love it!

Do you bowl in a league? Yes

What's your favorite bowling alley? Farmingdale lanes, Farmingdale NY

How about your LEAST favorite?: none

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? yeah, when I've been drinking.

How about with music playing?: Yes, the louder the better.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Yes, pretzels, fries chicken fingers, love the crappy bowling alley food.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? nope.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: nope.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: yes, a sick two handed bowler did it while I was watching him practice.

Have you ever won a tournament?: never even tried one

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yeah, a little here and there.

Have you ever bowled on TV?: Does the Wii count?

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: One of my ex girlfirends was better than me, the other sucked, so 50/50

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Nothing other that the usual stupidity, hitting the gate while it was down, throwing a gutter ball before the ball got 3 feet down the lane, that stuff.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 243

The lowest?: In the 70's, a little over a year ago, with a house ball. Bought my own ball before the next time I bowled.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 602

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: No

Who won?: errrrrr

Can you hook the ball?: Oh yes, way too much at times.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: no, two finger bowler with no grips

Ever left without paying?: Nah, I have money, no need to run out.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: No, but I need a plastic ball, that would make it easier.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure, on the way out the door right now!

Chats: 23

How old were you when you started bowling?: 10 (stopped for 6 years and im 19 now)

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 170

Do you own your own ball?: Yes, Hellraiser Revenge and Freeze Hybrid

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Pete Weber, Chris Barnes

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday night

What's your favorite bowling alley? Jewel City Bowl

How about your LEAST favorite?: All Star Lanes (lanes are dry as a desert, never been oiled in months)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Don't mind but the lanes are mostly dry

How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No, currently dieting for bodybuilding

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Only one time when i was young

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: No

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes

Have you ever won a tournament?: No

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Depends, we both bowl

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: None

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 230

The lowest?: 119

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 573

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A lot of them.

Who won?: Most of them dont bowl as much as i do.

Can you hook the ball?: I can hook the ball, and throw straight if I have to.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, 80% of the time

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast