Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bowling Survey

Smile The Bowling Survey

This is a little thing going around Facebook right now...thought I'd put my survey here to have some fun. If you wish to participate, cut and paste into a reply, change the answers to be yours, and then we're off and running. Here we go:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: 5

Righty or lefty? Lefty

What's your average?: 227

Do you own your own ball?: 5 (Virtual Gravity, second dimension, domination, white dot, and secret agent)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony, Pete Weber, Mark Roth, Marshall Holman

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday night University League

What's your favorite bowling alley? West Bloomfield Lanes, closed in 1994.

How about your LEAST favorite?: Ark West Lanes & Yorba Linda Lanes, both closed.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, I cannot stand that.

How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? no, and I rarely eat before either.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Only one time, it was in league, and it was at the end of a 268 game. Aimed for the 7 pin, hit it hard, it bounced back onto the deck right into the 10 pin.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 6 times in competition

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen countless people bowl 300 games.

Have you ever won a tournament?: some small tournaments, but nothing major

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Always

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but always wanted to.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I bowl right handed to make it fair

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I left the 1 pin standing (headpin), and on the second shot, I missed it. Another time, I bowled crappy, at West Bloomfield Lanes, got pissed, and took my bowling ball, went out the side door, by lane 1, and threw it into and down the back parking lot, never to see it again!

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: Refer to the "Have you ever bowled a 300 game?" question above

The lowest?: In the last 20 years, I think my lowest was a 145...but in youth leagues, I probably had a 90 before.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 833

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes, when I was 8 years old, we had it at Nor-West lanes, now Lagans, and at 10 had it at Yorba Linda Lanes.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A lot of them.

Who won?: Depends on who bowled better - or in reality - carried better

Can you hook the ball?: I can hook the ball, and throw straight if I have to.

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes

Ever left without paying?: In high school, I'm ashamed to say I have, many, many times.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: I always had my own shows, so I was careful always to take them off before I left.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, with a plastic ball, I can make the 7-pin about 99 out of 100 times.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I always wanna go bowling.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

The rules, copy and paste this to your notes, change the answers to reflect yours, tag a bunch of other people that bowl, and have fun...you get to find out more about your bowling friends!

How old were you when you started bowling?: around 30
    Righty or lefty? Lefty

What's your average?: 195

Do you own your own ball?: 6

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? I liked watching Del Ballard, Amleto Monacelli

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday King's & Queen's, Thursday K&K Glass

What's your favorite bowling alley?

How about your LEAST favorite?:

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? I prefer moonlight bowling, but its ok .

How about with music playing?: Music doesn't bother me. But not during league.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Only rarely

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No, But picked up the Greek Church.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: One in competition

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I've seen countless people bowl 300 games.

Have you ever won a tournament?: No, only Second placed

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I do

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I split my pants on the approach and bowled the rest of the night with my towel hanging across my rear.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 300

The lowest?: ?????

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 798

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No, But won a free one in a no tap tournament.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: 2

Who won?: Guess

Ever left without paying?: no

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?:Not that I remember

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, with a plastic ball.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 15 i think

Righty or lefty? RIGHT BABY

What's your average?: 215

Do you own your own ball?: Yes ...every New Ball Columbia 300 makes

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony, Pete Weber, Mark Roth, Marshall Holman

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Monday in the Kopper Kup and Tue I sub

What's your favorite bowling alley? The ones I carry well in

How about your LEAST favorite?: The ones I didnt carry in (Gold Coast in Las Vegas for starters)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Yes it helps me focus better

How about with music playing?: Louder the Better.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? No but I drink a VERVE before prac

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Yes

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 2 times in competition

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes my monday league we bowl on "china" a SOFT shot

Have you ever won a tournament?: I have won 2 Titles in IGBO tournaments, City & State titles,

Have you ever bowled on TV?: Yes but it was the local news doing a can drive from the Bowling center

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I dont "Date Bowl"

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: Refer to the "Have you ever bowled a 300 game?" question above

The lowest?: we all started not knowing how to bowl

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 806

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes,

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: No

Ever left without paying?: No cause I worked at the Center = It was Free

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: I always had my own shows, so I was careful always to take them off before I left.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, with a plastic ball,
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Chats: 3

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: I've been bowling my entire life, but started bowling on leagues when I was 12

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 204

Do you own your own ball?: 15 lb Storm Invasion & Virtual Gravity, Ebonite Tiger, Maxim for 10 pins

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Dick Weber, met him in person...heck of a nice guy, was sad to see him pass. Carolyn Dorin-Ballard, Diandra Asbaty

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Wed. Night trios

What's your favorite bowling alley? Four Seasons, Sycamore IL/The Cherry Bowl, Cherry Valley IL/Dodge Lanes, Belvidere IL

How about your LEAST favorite?: B&B Park Bowl/Westmor Lanes

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? It's fun when you're drunk, and not shooting for good games/series

How about with music playing?: Music can annoy me

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? I never eat while I'm bowling.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Not even close

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Not yet

Have you ever won a tournament?: 2001 Illinois State YABA Juniors/Majors girls team, countless high school invitationals, 2009 Belvidere USBC Bowlers Appreciation Tourney

Do you watch bowling on TV?: If I happen to find it.....which is rarely

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No...if I did, there would be lot's of bleeping out my language.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I do, but to be fair...my hubby never has time to practice.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Went to throw a new ball right after I got it drilled, my thumb stuck and down I went with the ball....in front of a full house.

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 279

The lowest?: recently...137...followed by the 279 I believe lol

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?:733

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yep, since my family owns a bowling alley....most of my kids parties are there lol

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: A few of them

Who won?: can't remember, I bowled with them in tournaments

Can you hook the ball?: duh

Ever left without paying?: sometimes I still forget, but I get a big discount and my mom knows I'm good for it

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No, but my son and I went to a home improvement store before I realized he still had his shoes on.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: I already went bowling today
    Last edited by Jord_84; 04-13-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 16

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 220

Do you own your own ball?: 9 actually

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Michael Fagan

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? PBA Experience

What's your favorite bowling alley? Wallington Lanes

How about your LEAST favorite?: Sky Lanes in PA

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Yes, good for concentration.

How about with music playing?: Sure, why not.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Never

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Nope

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Yes, twice

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: I have seen 4 or 5 others in person.

Have you ever won a tournament?: I won a no tap tourney once, but that's it.

Do you watch bowling on TV?: Yes

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I do, even if I don't try.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I flicked my rosin bag off the ball return and almost took out a guy spectating behind the lanes. I just wasn't paying attention.

The lowest?: Probably around 135

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 770

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Nope, but I have been to them in the past.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Many of them.

Who won?: Usually me, but I do lose sometimes and that's fine with me.

Can you hook the ball?: Yes, I prefer to wheel the lane.

Ever left without paying?: No because my center makes you pay before you bowl.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: I have my own and always have.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, I just flatten my strike ball

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Absolutely
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 1

How old were you when you started bowling?: 18
    Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 190

Do you own your own ball?: yes, I keep winning ball raffles.

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? Earl Anthony

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Monday Night Minor, HyWay Bowl, Union, NJ

What's your favorite bowling alley? Plaza Lanes, Madison, NJ or Stelton Lanes, Piscataway

How about your LEAST favorite?: Despite the fact that they installed synthetics, Strike and Spare in Greenbrook is the pits.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Doesn't make a difference

How about with music playing?: I don't hear the music when I start my approach.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Only rarely

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: On March 1997, also have a 290.

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yes

Have you ever won a tournament?: Our team won the intramural tournament 3 times.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Never bowled on a date.

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: Started off a 4 game series with 256, 244, and finished with a pair of 150's. I was gassed the last two games, I had walked about 12 miles that day for work (I was a forest manager that summer).

The lowest?: something in the 80's.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 725, and it wasn't with the 300.

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: No

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: Not on Facebook

Who won?:

Can you hook the ball?: As much as I need to, straighter is greater.

Ever left without paying?: no

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Yes, someone stole my shoes.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, with a plastic ball.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Sure
    Last edited by JerseyJim; 10-23-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: corrected an answer
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by kakcpa View Post
    This is a little thing going around Facebook right now...thought I'd put my survey here to have some fun. If you wish to participate, cut and paste into a reply, change the answers to be yours, and then we're off and running. Here we go:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?: 5

Righty or lefty? Lefty

What's your average?: 227

Do you own your own ball?: 5 (Virtual Gravity, second dimension, domination, white dot, and secret agent)

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday night University League

What's your favorite bowling alley? West Bloomfield Lanes, closed in 1994.

How about your LEAST favorite?: Ark West Lanes & Yorba Linda Lanes, both closed.

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? No, I cannot stand that.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? no, and I rarely eat before either.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Only one time, it was in league, and it was at the end of a 268 game. Aimed for the 7 pin, hit it hard, it bounced back onto the deck right into the 10 pin.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: 6 times in competition

Have you ever won a tournament?: some small tournaments, but nothing major

Have you ever bowled on TV?: No, but always wanted to.

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: I bowl right handed to make it fair

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: I left the 1 pin standing (headpin), and on the second shot, I missed it. Another time, I bowled crappy, at West Bloomfield Lanes, got pissed, and took my bowling ball, went out the side door, by lane 1, and threw it into and down the back parking lot, never to see it again!

The lowest?: In the last 20 years, I think my lowest was a 145...but in youth leagues, I probably had a 90 before.

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 833

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes, when I was 8 years old, we had it at Nor-West lanes, now Lagans, and at 10 had it at Yorba Linda Lanes.

Ever left without paying?: In high school, I'm ashamed to say I have, many, many times.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yes, with a plastic ball, I can make the 7-pin about 99 out of 100 times.

Thank you very much. A Great addition.

Chris
    Go Broncos!

THE BOWLING SURVEY:

How old were you when you started bowling?:self taught since i started bowling and been bowling league since 1999 but long before that by just bowling in general....i love it..

Righty or lefty? lefty
    What's your average?: 198...... book average 197

Do you own your own ball?: 6(kinetc energy,uprising,roborule,equation,mean machine tiger print ball,spares)

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time? earl anthony
    Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? monday night handicap,thursday night mixed league

What's your favorite bowling alley? national bowling stadium in reno..

How about your LEAST favorite?: east carolina Lanes (where i bowl)

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? no not really i enjoy practing with the lights on not off.

How about with music playing? i don,t care.

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? i eat popcorn from the snack bar.

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? No.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: No ...still trying

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: yes i have and now it,s my turn very soon.
    Have you ever won a tournament?: 2004 city tournament(team),2009 singles ,scratch back in 2005 i think..

Do you watch bowling on TV?: yes when i can
    Have you ever bowled on TV?: No...

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: i do cause i,m single,lol

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: i was bowling no tap and my finger inserts popped right out halfway down the lane...

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 289

The lowest?: that I can remember? 97 yes i beat barrack obama,s 37,lol
    what is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: this year 734 264-201-269

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: no birthdays for me at the bowling alley.

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: a few but i can,t remember them all.

Who won?: me, of course
    Can you hook the ball?: duh just a little,lol

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yes i do

Ever left without paying?:a few times but the guys at the front counter knows me well,i,m there about 4-5 days during the week..
    Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: No,

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: 7 pins are in my sleep and i,m picking those up all night but at times not so easy......

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: sure ..grab your balls we,re going bowling,lol
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so there you have it with me...
    thanks
    Last edited by 11 in a row; 03-12-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com

How old were you when you started bowling?: 11

Righty or lefty? righty

What's your average?: 190

Do you own your own ball?: 11(Kinetic, Kinetic Energy, Tantrum, Rising SE, Gamebreaker, Playmaker, Raid, Absolute Inferno, T-road solid, red Zone, Hot Sauce)

Who's your favorite professional bowler(s) of all time? Parker Bohn III, Brian Voss, Del Ballard Jr,

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Mon night Triples, Thurs Singles

What's your favorite bowling alley? Fiesta Lanes, closed

How about your LEAST favorite?: Amf Olympic Lanes & Bowlerland

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? Only when the ladies start wearing bikinis

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? Absolutely, to help decrease the effects of alcohol

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Nope

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: Close, but no cigar

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: Yep, two different people both on the lanes next to me

Have you ever won a tournament?: Nope, only 2nd

Do you watch bowling on TV?: constantly

Have you ever bowled on TV?: nope

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: i do

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?:Slipped and fell on the other lane when shooting the 10 pin

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 298

The lowest?: 130

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 796

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: The acohol can cause memory loss

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: what's a facebook?

Who won?: N/A

Can you hook the ball?: Do dogs have flees

Do you use a ball with a fingertip grip?: Yep

Ever left without paying?: Alcohol can cause memory loss

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: Nope, in my socks though

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin (7-pin if you're lefthanded)?: Yep, and you don't need to use a plastic ball either.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: yep
    Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

How old were you when you started bowling?: 20?

Righty or lefty? Righty

What's your average?: 185

Do you own your own ball?: yes, 3

Who's your favorite professional bowler of all time?I like watching Chris Barnes

Do you bowl in a league? Which one(s)? Tuesday Night Mixed, Thursday Night Mixed

What's your favorite bowling alley? Centereach Lanes

How about your LEAST favorite?: Sayville

Do you like bowling with the "cosmic" lights? yes, but not in league

How about with music playing?:yes, but not in league

Do you like to order food from the snack bar while you bowl? typically yes

Have you ever made the 7-10 split? Only using 2 balls.

Have you ever bowled a 300 game?: not in league

If not, have you seen someone else do it?: yes

Have you ever won a tournament?: yea, in 1995

Do you watch bowling on TV?: whenever I can

Have you ever bowled on TV?: kind of? before a PBA event, threw one shot for money

When you go bowling on a date, who usually wins?: Me

Any embarrassing moments happen while you were bowling?: yup, dumped it in the gutter with a shot for $1,000

What's the highest game you've ever bowled?: 279

The lowest?: 120 something

What is the highest three game set you ever bowled?: 684 in league

Ever had a birthday party at a bowling alley?: Yes I miss those

Which of your Facebook friends have you went bowling with?: none

Who won?: no one.

Can you hook the ball?:The better question is can I cut down on my hook.

Ever left without paying?: nope, but Ive used a ton of free games.

Ever walk out while still wearing the bowling shoes?: yup, and it totally sucked.

Do you think it's easy to make the 10-pin? No, but Im getting better at it.

Lastly, wanna go bowling right now?: Hell yea.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast