Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far would your drive?

Chats: 1

A few years ago, a friend of mine recruited me to bowl on a team that he was forming. He was hoping to contend for a league title. If I had still worked in Newark, it would had been a 10 mile drive. But since I was laid off, I had to drive from my new job which was 35 miles away and during rush hour. It took a minimum of an hour to get there.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 55

On my Friday am league I drive 30 miles. It's with really, really good people and I've bowled it for over 10 years. Since it's early morning, I've arm twisted a few people into meeting for breakfast so I can drive across town before the traffic builds up - leave my house at 6:15am - get to restaurant at 7-7:15 and spend an hourish. Then we drive the rest of the way to the alley (about 15 minutes) to start our practice at 9:15. A few years back, my partner and I started bowling a flex league after the morning league, so now I bowl 6 games for the drive and get to spend time with really good people, friends, and mentors.

I used to bowl an evening league at this same house and I would head over to that side of town around 4pm for a 6:30 league. After I got married and moved farther away, my husband and I continued in the league. Even though we could use the HOV lane, it still got to me, because we wouldn't be getting home until after 10pm. Wasn't worth it as we just didn't get that much enjoyment out of it.

Now, we bowl in a house that is about 10-15 minutes away, and although I hate the lanes most nights, he really likes it being a shorter drive on a weeknight.\

So in essence, I think it depends on what you get out of is.....sort of like the principle of risk vs reward.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12