Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix a wet spot on your shoe?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I had to have them because I am the secretary of a 24 team 5 man league that takes up the whole house and it is at 8 P.M. on a Friday night and it gets packed. For some reason it always snows on league night. I needed something because no matter how careful you are you can't see melted snow on a carpet. Add in the cosmic bowlers who come in and start lining up before we are done and they don't know to clean the snow off their shoes. You get what you pay for. Many bowlers just stay on their lanes and only leave a few times a night. I am always on the go. Checking pot scores, signing into brackets, calling mysteries etc. Got to have my Tidytrax the cost but should last forever and so easy.

SandBagger

Wet spots on shoes are painful for me because I have a two-foot plus slide. Last time I had wet spot, it was really, really wet. I brushed it out over and over again and then walked on a dry spot of carpet away from all the bowlers as much as I could. I still had to modify my approach. In certain cases, I will switch and go to plant-and-pull if I can't slide.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Having additional soles and heels with you is not just for alternatives for different conditions, it's also a good idea to have duplicates of the soles and heels that you use most of the time in case a "small wet spot" appears on the bottom of your shoe. Putting anything on the bottom of your shoes is a really bad idea!
    Adding to Rob's point - when you buy multiples of a slide pad or heel you should consider rotating those in and out of your collection. If you are sensitive to the amount of slide you have it is important to remember that a broken in S8 will not slide the same as a new one - and the time to break it in is typically not in frame 4 of game 2.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 204

I USE interchangeable soles...and I would switch them out...even if I had to go up or down a number...if my sole got really bad.

But, when I have a small spot...it doesn't seem like a terrible practice to take a little Easy Slide, then brush it out. Some guys, especially the older curmudgeons or the super-planters...or guys that have had a fall in the past...they just lose their mind if any Easy Slide gets anywhere near the approach.

I'm not saying a league shouldn't have rules to limit the newbies from using Easy Slide as a coating for their shoes. That's illegal and unsafe....and unnecessary. But, to dab some on the sole, on a wet spot...and then pat it, wipe it, and brush it out...you're not really transferring any of the powder to the approach...no more than if you went up to the ball return and rubbed your shoe in the dust beneath the ball return. Some guys just go nuts about stuff like that...but then they are usually the same guys that will step in spilled water and track it onto the approach and just shrug it off.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I agree that some use way too much of the easy slide and I tend to agree that if you need it then keep it back from the approach. Go back to a table at the back and work on your equipment there. I'm not real picky myself but I'd hate to see an elderly bowler wipe out because of easy slide. I'm not quite at that elderly age yet myself, but I'd like to get there someday.

The reason I'm posted is I recently saw a guy patting his slide shoe with his dry ball. He did it a few times before he was happy and stopped. I've never used the dry ball this way but maybe it's a better/different way than using the easy slide.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12