Thread: Had my best game this season today........

Chats: 0

Default Had my best game this season today........

This was at practice by the way. I started with an open then six strikes in a row and then spared out the rest of the way for a 228. Why this is good for me because I don't have an approach because of bad knees. I walk to the foul line and set up and swing three times and let it go. I usually struggle to get a 145. I have a 130 average. My first three games were 132, 163 and a 148. The last game I just had the right setup and a consistent release.

I think what is helping me somewhat is that I went back into strength training the last three weeks. I did it the first time from when I was 59 until I was 64. Then body issues started hitting like hip replacements and cancer surgery which I was lucky because I caught it early and didn't need radiation or chemo. So the strength training is every other day. I am going to stay with it because I like the way it makes me feel and it lowered my blood pressure. I am at 120/72. So at 72 I am still chugging along.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Chats: 204

Nice job Hammer!

Good to have you back in the swing of things!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Great game ! Keep it going !