Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest May 6 to May 12, 2019 - Brunswick Cutting Edge Pearl

Default Contest May 6 to May 12, 2019 - Brunswick Cutting Edge Pearl

We are giving away a Brunswick Cutting Edge Pearl to a random poster from May 6 to May 12, 2019.

General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com. Contest winners will receive Free Shipping within the contiguous US. Winners from other locations are eligible to win but will be responsible for actual shipping costs to their location.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

Members of Bowling Boards' Facebook page (www.facebook.com/bowlingboards) are also eligible to win each week. You must "Like" the Bowling Boards Facebook page and comment/like/share on the weekly giveaway post to be entered to win that week's contest.

Think of these as separate entries. Better odds of winning!

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of "trying to win" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 204

First post wins!!

EDIT POST:
    I forgot the post has to be of an acceptable quality to win...so, why do I wanna win the Cutting Edge?

First...what I DON'T like about this ball. Brunswick sells it as a skid/flip ball...and it's NOT. Brunswick's sales videos about this ball are ridiculous. This ball is very similar to the Melee Jab and Edge Pearl...but they bumped up the RG and bumped down the differential. It's not "skid/flip" and probably isn't even "medium oil".

Now, what I DO like about the ball:
    1) I like Brunswick and have had good results with similar balls (Loaded Revolver/Melee Jab).
    2) By bumping up the RG...to make it more in line with the rest of the weaker/dry lanes specs of the ball...it should be a better dry lanes option. One criticism of the Melee Jab was it tended to be "jerky" when it encountered friction...more so than one would expect from a symmetric core. I think bumping the RG up and bringing the differential down...while making it weaker...will give you a smoother shape and more consistent reaction.
    3) This ball would make for a good replacement for the Vintage Rhino Pro. It's newer and overall a bit stronger...but should be a bit smoother and more predictable. I plan on using the Vintage Gold Rhino all next year as my dry lane option...I think this would be a good replacement.
    Last edited by Aslan; 05-06-2019 at 10:07 AM. Reason: QUALITY CONTENT!!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Need a good pearl here
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    BowlingBoards.com loves giving free 15LB
    bowling balls to me and you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Looks like a great ball for my bag.

Chats: 0

Add my name to the mix on this one. I'd love to give it some game time!

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

It has been a long while since I have thrown any Brunswick equipment (think the last piece was a Fury) - would be fun to give it a roll and compare to some of the other pieces in the bag. Would say that this seems to be a good piece for those who have a symmetrical-solid benchmark ball as an option that will conserve a little more energy through the fronts.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

It would be sweet to add this bowling ball to my Arsenal.

Beautiful bowling ball. I would love to own a 15 LB one of these.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast