Cover Stock: Agility™ XP Reactive
Finish: 5500 Grit LSP
Length: 18
Backend: 16
Hook: 46
Flare Potential: 2+
Layout: 60 x 4 ½ x 22 ½

“The thrill of new beginnings is immensely alluring!”― Avijeet Das

New beginnings can often be a thrilling experience and there is no better thrill than the all new Motiv Thrill, designed to combat lighter oil conditions and provide overall length and control when competing on high friction patterns, at the center is the new high rg Flux core which is meant to delay the overall ball motion accompanied by a low diff to provide you with a controlled ball motion and minimized track flare. The cover stock wrapped around the Flux core is the new Agility Striking Precision Reactive with an out of box surface of 5500. The Thrill will fit between your Rampage Tank and your Freestyle.

The 60 x 4 ½ x 22 ½ layout I put in my Thrill gave me a strong ball motion at the breakpoint, by strong I mean it was continuous and even encountering friction. It wasn’t severely sharp as the Hydra and isn’t as sharp as the Freestyle Rush. On the fresh the Thrill cleared the front part of the lane with ease and when it read the friction it didn’t immediately check mark, the benefit to that was being able to sit on top of the ball while still having it retain enough continuation through the pins. Upon encountering excessive friction I had no issues opening my angles and letting it corner off the pattern, should you have to play deep angles you will have no issues with smoothly cornering throughout the lane. I see the Thrill being most useful on transition and burn.

Comparisons:

Hydra: The ball motion of the Hydra exceeds that of the Thrill as it responds quicker to friction while possessing a sharper ball motion, overall it is bigger than the Thrill possessing more backend and hook. When I want to control the breakpoint in the friction I choose the Thrill because it isn’t as responsive as Hydra, this allows me take advantage of its continuation at the breakpoint because Thrill isn’t going to check mark.

Freestyle Rush: Freestyle Rush is clean much like the Thrill but the difference is in the overall ball motion, the Thrill is more even and continuous than the Freestyle. Freestyle Rush isn’t as sharp as Hydra encountering friction but it is sharper than that of the Thrill. Thrill is the smoother between both Freestyle Rush and Hydra.

Summary: Not only do I believe in small weaponry I believe in variety as well, I feel that Motiv has achieved that with the current arsenal we have. If you have ever wanted less than your Hydra, less than your Freestyle Rush, but more than your Rampage Tank the Thrill is worth your time. It has value on fresh patterns as it allowed me to even out the pattern because of its roll, the reaction of the Agility™ XP Reactive cover stock will let you know how much or how little friction you have during battle. I very well plan on drilling the blue one next simply because I feel not only should life be full of thrills but so should my bag, this is one Thrill that isn’t hard to come by and I encourage you visit your local pro shop to add to your bag.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
Motiv Staffer