Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colored Oil?

Chats: 0

I personally like it and would like to bowl on it as a learning tool since I am feeling like Rip Van Winkle at the moment, waking up, looking around and saying "Whoa, WTF Happened!? It's not 1984 anymore."

Rob, to your point - if you can see the oil and the ball doesn't behave as expected would you not go 'Hmmmm.... something else is going on here"?

Oh wait, never mind it still has to be the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Steve View Post
    Oh wait, never mind it still has to be the oil.
    As I said earlier in this thread, it's really not all about the oil anymore. When reactive resin balls go down the lane, they absorb oil and expose the topography below it. While the oil is there initially, the ball is skidding across it, minimizing the reaction to the topography. Once the area dries up, the ball begins to react to the topographical differences. This is why a pair of lines will often transition totally differently. Does this make sense to you?

Chats: 0

Sorry Rob, I've read the research, watched the video and find the Physics of it all fascinating - I get it and agree with you. It was a weak attempt at humor and probably won't happen again until I can't help myself......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12