Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colored Oil?

Chats: 0

Thumbs up Colored Oil?

Do the pros who are competing see the color? or is it just a camera filter thing for TV viewers?

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Chats: 256

Yes, they can see the oil.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Another stupid Tom Clark idea.

The idea is to let the viewers see the changes in the oil so that they (you) can understand what is going on. It's a great idea that helps the understanding of the sport. Oh, by the way, the pros don't need to see the oil... they see the ball reaction and know what's going on.

I really, really want to see this at local centers. But then they’d actually have to oil consistently.

They do oil consistently. The lanes (topography) are not consistent. Once you can get past the idea that everything is about the oil, you'll be a much better bowler.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    I really, really want to see this at local centers. But then they’d actually have to oil consistently.
    Ignoring the cost aspect, the flood of complaints with stained bowling balls would be insane.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

>> Ignoring the cost aspect, the flood of complaints with stained bowling balls would be insane.

I wish the current ball companies would tell the PBA to knock it off. It ruins the appearance of their bowling balls on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    Ignoring the cost aspect, the flood of complaints with stained bowling balls would be insane.
    This is a valid point.

At my house, if I see any oil on the ball it’s a surprise!!! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast