Thread: Buying Roto Halo (not pearll model)

Default Buying Roto Halo (not pearll model)

I have purchased a Roto Grip Halo and want to know what touch ups or maintenance I need to do--cleaning--light sanding?--any polish or compound?--that I need to do after a night of bowling or every 6-9 games or so (medium oil) to keep this ball close to OBO. I do have a ball spinner. But do most of my "touch up" work by hand. (CTD or Abralon--I have both)
    Thanks
    Yak
    Last edited by Ezeeduzit; 05-22-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling\

Chats: 256

Before you bowl with it, hit it with a 2000 pad. That way when you do bowl with it, and you want to touch it up, you can always get it back to the same surface that you started with. Getting back to exactly how it was out of box won't be possible.

Good luck!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Getting back to exactly how it was out of box won't be possible.
    I agree with vdubtx on this it would be impossible to get a ball
    exactly back to a out of the box finish yourself.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Default Thanks to you both of you

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I agree with vdubtx on this it would be impossible to get a ball
    exactly back to a out of the box finish yourself.
    Thanks to you both of you

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

You will also want to purchase a ball cleaner and use it after each set, this will help increase the life of your equipment. Roto Grip doesn't make any cleaning products, but Storm using the same facility and I have heard good things about the Reacta Skuff and Reacta Foam.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird