Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get rid of bowling balls you don't use anymore?

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    You guys are lucky....it seems our youth teams, high school teams are "too good" to be accepting used balls. Drives me crazy. I would love to find someone to donate to. I can't just leave mine on the rack as I use the IT thumb.
    Classy, when did Arizona start with high school bowling? When I was out there you would have a school or two that had it as a club, but there wasn't any competitions (granted this was the 2000s) - glad to hear that this has started.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    I do the same, both in the past and recently. I give to the coach actually, and let him determine who can best use it.

Brad
    One of the coaches actually has a pro shop in his garage so I give them to him and he plugs and drills them for free to give to different youth bowlers. A lot of the stuff they get have less than 10 games on them lol

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBowlingGuy View Post
    One of the coaches actually has a pro shop in his garage so I give them to him and he plugs and drills them for free to give to different youth bowlers. A lot of the stuff they get have less than 10 games on them lol
    I don't think the coach I support charges the kids, he owns & runs two pro shops which are both thriving. He coaches for both juniors and special olympics kids, so I know there is pretty much always somebody who needs one. I tend to see one or two year old balls when the kids practice on Saturdays, there is some older stuff in the mix but mostly newish.

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Chats: 256

I know one of the high school coaches so I donate to his team.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

HS Coach here, give me all of them! I have players who can’t afford a ball, and we can get discounts to get them fitted. I promise they’ll be used right.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPhoenix View Post
    HS Coach here, give me all of them! I have players who can’t afford a ball, and we can get discounts to get them fitted. I promise they’ll be used right.
    What about 16lbers?

I have some beefy kids on my team lol. My top 2 use them.

Well I have a could of cracked Storm balls that were comfortably sitting loose on a couch in my living room for a few weeks. They both split all the way around within a week of one another. Climate controlled room with no windows.....go figure. Trash can or recycling bin? Needless to say I'm glad they were given to me because after seeing that I won't be buying Storm. My Rip'd and Venom Shock were sitting right next to them and they didn't commit suicide.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Bowler

How does it crack if kept in room temperature..unless you don't do that?

I haven't a clue. They weren't even on a hard surface. That room is just as much room temperature as the rest of my house. Bad luck? I dunno....it just left a bad taste in my mouth for Storm products now. The smell just isn't good enough.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast