Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get rid of bowling balls you don't use anymore?

Chats: 0

Default How do you get rid of bowling balls you don't use anymore?

Do you put them into recycling? I was just wondering how folks in this Forum get rid of bowling balls that are not needed anymore.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Pin Crusher

Leave them at the center.

High Roller

The one I had that was cracked went into a dumpster. The rest get left on the rack at the center
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 204

They get retired to my bowling ball rack...where they usually sit for awhile until they ultimately crack.

I try to keep them around in case I need them for a tournament of sport patterns or something like that.

When I moved from California to Iowa, I left several at my home center pro shop and they sold them as used balls. I didn't get a cut or anything...but I wasn't gonna move them across the country and it kept me from having to just throw them in the dumpster.

Some pro shops will take them and sell them as used. They make $10-$15 and $50-$100 on filling/drilling. The center will usually take them. Some centers and pro shops might also donate them to youth teams...especially if they are newer models and NOT 16lbs (one of my problems).
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Cranker

I know a bunch of coaches so I usually donate them to their teams.

SandBagger

I have given away several of them, traded a couple of them, and kept others. I use my equipment for a long time so it's not like I have a steady supply of used bowling balls that I no longer want.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I give a good bit to the youth that typically can’t afford the higher end stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBowlingGuy View Post
    I do the same, both in the past and recently. I give to the coach actually, and let him determine who can best use it.

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBowlingGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    I do the same, both in the past and recently. I give to the coach actually, and let him determine who can best use it.

Brad
    You guys are lucky....it seems our youth teams, high school teams are "too good" to be accepting used balls. Drives me crazy. I would love to find someone to donate to. I can't just leave mine on the rack as I use the IT thumb.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

I might have to start leaving some on the rack. I can't find any youth team to whom I can donate mine, either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast