Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you get rid of bowling balls you don't use anymore?

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I haven't a clue. They weren't even on a hard surface. That room is just as much room temperature as the rest of my house. Bad luck? I dunno....it just left a bad taste in my mouth for Storm products now. The smell just isn't good enough.
    Truthfully this can happen with any ball. I've had them crack from all brands it happens. Seems to happen more with balls not being used much. I've got cracked hammer, storm, and brunswick balls at home to pick from lol.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

It certainly makes the investment for a new ball much less attractive being as touchy as they are now. Never had any of my old plastic or urethane balls do that. Well, except for the one that fell and broke my wife's foot a few years ago which I've talked about before. That was an unusual circumstance though. It seems unless you use them all the time and take great care to maintain them they are short lived. Then if you bowl with them too much they are short lived. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Meh...it is what it is though. The cost of being in the sport today I guess.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I had a Storm Sync that sat on an office chair in my basement office and after a few weeks it was cracked the whole way around with about 1/8" gap in the crack. In fairness I got it used so no telling it's history or how many games were on it.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

As a beginning bowler with a limited budget, I've found thrift shops and flea markets to be great places for secondhand balls. Donating the bowling balls to a local thrift store or Goodwill might help somebody who's really looking for them to get a good deal.

The guy who is teaching me to improve my game uses a $2 thrift store find alongside his $200 bowling balls when he bowls league, and I know two other bowlers with their first bowling balls coming from thrift stores and flea markets. That seems to be the go-to place for people just starting to seriously get into the sport. I'm still keeping my eyes out for good ones to add to my own arsenal.

My balls are a mixture. I have a storm virtual energy, frantic, and ebonite warrior I bought brand new. I also have a comlumbia 300 swerve that a guy in my league didn’t want anymore, so he gave it to me. And I recently picked up a virtual gravity and crux off the rack at my alley, that have spans close to me, but I need to get tighter finger grips in them before I have any hopes of throwing them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123