5500 Grit LSP
Symmetrical Core
Layout 70 x 4 x 30

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 1/2 Up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The Thrill is a new entry in the Light Oil category for Motiv. The Thrill is available in two attractive colors, Reddish/ Wine and a Blue/ Purple. For those of us who thought the Hydra was too strong for dry lanes the Thrill may be just what we needed. The Thrill features a new lower flare core for control combined with a high RG to help get the ball down the lane. This new core is wrapped in a lower friction pearl cover. I have a lower rev rate and on our wetter house shot it was too weak but at the end of the day on total burn I could go down the boards and had plenty of length with a nice rev and flip in the back end. I have not changed the surface because I feel this would negate the intent of the ball. The Thrill has an entry level price point but is not limited to that group alone. I passed mine around to some higher rev folks and some no thumb bowlers and they were able to gain a nice reaction that did not over hook early or late. I also think bowlers with slow speeds could benefit from this Ball. The hit was also better than expected. A bowler can purchase the Thrill as their first reactive ball and get much more than they paid for. The Thrill was stronger than my Burgundy Tank on the dry but not as strong as my new Covert Tank. The Thrill read much later than the Covert but had more entry angle. So far the Red/Pink or technically the Magenta/Wine is the crowd favorite color.

Summary:
The Thrill is a true dry lane ball.
Two nice color combinations available.