Thread: Equipment/ball bag Q

Chats: 0

Question Equipment/ball bag Q

I'm curious what equipment bag you guys use...

Years ago I had a 3 ball roller bag (3 in a row type) and I had a few issues (tip over and floor space mostly). So this time around I went with a 4 ball roller (Hammer, black/carbon) which I find better but I do have to re-pack based on the normal oil pattern for the house I'm going into. To improve on this I just ordered a matching 2 ball tote (no wheels) which I will rest on the top of the 4 ball roller. Having 6 balls gives me better selection for my sport league, 4 balls for my regular mixed handy leagues, and specialty balls will remain out on my car's trunk. I haven't received the 2 ball tote yet, so it's just a theory... but I have my fingers crossed.

Anyway, this got me thinking and wondering what you guys found best for you.

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Bought an inexpensive two ball roller which worked well dollarwise. Later got a Storm Rolling Thunder 4-ball bag. Like it very much. Plenty of pockets to store stuff and there are two sections which I split to fit in the car's trunk. Most often I bring another bag for the spare ball which can ride on top of the roller bag. Seldom use more than two or three of the balls in any given session, but it's nice to have a back up when it might be needed.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I have a few different set-ups depending on the event and what I'm looking to accomplish.

My standard is a three ball hammer roller and a two ball hammer tote that I will take to serious leagues and small tournaments (state, city, etc). This is essentially for when I can expect that I'm not going to see some crazy pattern that would require an extreme approach.
    For bigger tournaments I would take 2 three ball rollers with a wide range of equipment (thinking about breakpoint shape)
    For fun leagues I typically only bring a three ball roller so that I force myself to make more physical game adjustments as a practice method (scoring typically isn't important in these situations).

I have a small backpack that I will carry other equipment such as ball polishes/cleaners, CTD pads, shoe slide and brake pads, and tape.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird