Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what to do when nothing works???

High Roller
    Chats: 0

just thought maybe if i could figure out why i played better on the ends it might lead me to something? like maybe something i'm not realizing. so if the ends are always drier and i played better on them then maybe i have been using too little surface on a regular basis and not realizing it. i actually played these lanes the exact way i usually play, meaning i stood in the same spot and targeted the same spot as i usually do on most nights. only difference was my ball selection and the surface that was on it. i was maybe just a little more consistent that night but more than anything when i hit the pocket i got strikes where i usually get 9 counts
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    i actually played these lanes the exact way i usually play, meaning i stood in the same spot and targeted the same spot as i usually do on most nights.
    This is terrifying!

High Roller

it worked...lol. now if i can just get it to work the other nights. i am getting more comfortable moving inside if i have to though.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Cranker

I think what's terrifying for Rob is that you need to watch your ball and play where the lanes tell you to play. Now about the end pairs playing differently, that is the case in most centers. Usually it's because the end pairs are closest to the outside elements and it affects their topography the most. Also as someone mentioned the lane machines, in my center they use an older Brunswick machine and for whatever reason it takes a few minutes to warm up and consistently lay oil, so if they start with the end pair, that first pair the lane pattern is not the most consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I think what's terrifying for Rob is that you need to watch your ball and play where the lanes tell you to play. Now about the end pairs playing differently, that is the case in most centers. Usually it's because the end pairs are closest to the outside elements and it affects their topography the most. Also as someone mentioned the lane machines, in my center they use an older Brunswick machine and for whatever reason it takes a few minutes to warm up and consistently lay oil, so if they start with the end pair, that first pair the lane pattern is not the most consistent.
    More than that, many centers with synthetic lane surfaces have never done anything in terms of repairing or replacing those surfaces or the underlying support structures in the last 20 years or more. Topography is becoming more and more of an issue, and many long time bowlers refuse to even acknowledge its existence. I had one bowler tell me that it's just a few thousands of an inch, so what impact could it possibly have. Combine a few thousandths of an inch with the force that enables our sun which is 93,000,000 miles away to keep our entire planet in tow, and you have an incredibly major effect on a 15 lb bowling ball!

As a strike ball and spare ball only shooter when nothing is working for me I slow everything down and focus on my approach first. I have a habit pf speeding up my approach and it wrecks my timing and therefore release. If my release is not good it does not matter what the lane conditions may be.

And with only one strike ball and a spare ball I don't have to worry about am I using the right ball. I probably am for lane conditions but there is not a thing I can do about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123