Thread: I came across one of the pro bowlers this afternoon........

Chats: 0

Default I came across one of the pro bowlers this afternoon........

This pro bowler is from Montgomery, Illinois. It just happened to be Sean Rash. My wife and I and my oldest daughter went to a Buona Beef by a Sams Club that we were going to after lunch. When we were placing our order I turned around and there was Sean Rash with his family. As we walked by I said hi Sean. I have seen you on Youtube many times. So good luck with your bowling. I wanted to keep it short and sweet because he was with his wife and three children. One was just a baby and was pretty cute. We live near Montgomery and go to that Sams Club whenever we need something. It was nice to see him in person. At first I didn't know if I should bother him but I figure I will say hi and keep it short.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

High Roller

Cool. I like Sean. I have gotten to know quite a few 'famous' people. I put that in quotes cause outside of that field nobody knows who they are...lol. My son used to race karts and got the chance to race with a few current and former NASCAR and IndyCar drivers (Jamie McMurray, Eric Jones, Josef Newgarden, Sage Karam, Austin Self, Matt Tifft, Santino Ferruci, Mark Dismore, and a few others). Got to be pretty good friends with Mark Dismore and his son Mark Jr and Eric Jones and pitted with them and their teams at nationals. They were normal cool guys but we were all racers so nobody oohed and awed over them. We just hung out like we did with everybody else. Not just us but everybody at the track. You just said hi as you walked by or maybe asked how their day was going. We even pitted and hung out with a few and still keep in contact with a couple. Another was a former top offensive lineman from the Rams and Browns (Ryan Tucker). His kids raced with mine. Funny thing is I talked to him for a whole year without knowing he was a former NFL star...lol. After I found out I just mentioned I didn't know he played ball. We never talked about football again after that and I think he appreciated that. I'm sure if somebody followed them around like a puppy dog wanting pictures and an autograph they wouldn't have been as friendly.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowler

That's neat. The only pro I would run into around here is Ray Edwards. He holds the house shot record at my alley. I grew up watching bowling on TV in the 80s with my dadand now he is 80 and since bowling is hard to find on TV I'll let him know when one of the old guys is on and he'll say I can't believe they are still around. I took him with me to a pba50 pro am and I even called to complain that none of the famous guys were on my squad so they added Bob learn Jr. Pete Weber was there too watching having a beer and I said to my dad do you want to meet him and he said naaah. Yeah I can understand...Pete really has lost his fame ..all these guys have. He is a jerk anyway.

Bowler

What's nice about some of these guys in my experience is if you ask them if you can bowl a game with them they'll likely say yes. Guppy Troup 22 years ago ...was so surprised that he was my favorite bowler and he would have bowled with me if I had asked when the pros came to town where I was working all week.. because another kid did and he said yes

High Roller

Almost forgot the one everybody here would know....lol. Back around 2001-2002ish right before my elbow injury I was still league bowling and running the youth league at our local center. A guy named Joe had just bought the place and I heard chatter that Mark Roth was buying in and going to run it. I had no idea who Mark Roth was but they said he has a PBA HoF'er...lol. Back then the internet was still fairly new so information wasn't as easy to come by. Mark ended up running the place for about 6 months. I talked to him every week but to me he was just another guy that owned a bowling alley...lol. He left after about 6 months there. I watched him bowl quite a few games but never bowled with him.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!