Thread: Pin distances and the New Rules

SandBagger
    Chats: 2

Default Pin distances and the New Rules

So everything I've ever heard has said that shorter pin-CG's limit what layouts you can put on a ball. With the new rules coming up does pin-CG distance really matter as much anymore?
    Arsenal: Buzz attack Stinger, Bloody Cross Royal, Big Kahuna Congo, Big Kahuna Tribal, Morpheus Dream, Graffiti, YOLO, YOLO Pearl

Chats: 0

Is this in reference to the no balance hole rule change? Or some other rule?

I use two different full roller layouts (of the 4 or 5 that I know exist) and the pin-CG distance needs to be longer than 1.5 inches for long with back end, or 3.5 inches for early mid with back end, drill patterns. The reason is those are the drill distances of pin to mid T line, and you don't really want the pin and the CG left of mid T line. Full roller layouts don't use a PAP for drilling (although I suppose I have one).

I know they are removing the balance hole but for full roller drills you can shape the effect with deeper or shower thumb hole.

Brad
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by edpup316 View Post
    So everything I've ever heard has said that shorter pin-CG's limit what layouts you can put on a ball. With the new rules coming up does pin-CG distance really matter as much anymore?
    Yes before Balls that had very Short or very long Pin to Cg distances did have more limited layout options under the old static weight rules.

Under the new static weight rules those balls would now have more layout options than before, but it would still depend on what the measurement was and what layout you were trying to use because there is still a limit.

Your not likely to run into this unless your buying 2nds/blems and even then most of those balls have usable pin to cg distances.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker