Thread: THE 9 vs SST6 BOA

Default THE 9 vs SST6 BOA

Debating on getting the new Color Shift Dexter THE 9 or the new Black/Red SST6 BOA. Any recommendations? I have a narrow foot. Nothing really differentiates them on their website.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Debating on getting the new Color Shift Dexter THE 9 or the new Black/Red SST6 BOA. Any recommendations? I have a narrow foot. Nothing really differentiates them on their website.
    The 9 allows you to change soles and heels on both shoes. Being ambidextrous, I like this feature. Other wise I have not yet found an approach that made me want swap the standard traction sole for a different one. I would guess that the SST6 is the better choice for 95% of serious bowlers.
    John

Chats: 0

The 9 comes in wide sizes, which I don't normally need except for when it comes to Dexter bowling shoes (they run narrow). Otherwise both are made in China.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

I just recently got the SST 6 Boas (the silver ones, which are not as bright as you would think). I am coming from the SST 8's and the SST6's are really comfortable. Oddly enough, in my SST 8's, I had to use an S8 slide sole and H7 heel. On the Boas, I had to go with the S6 sole and H5 heel. When I went with the default S8, I almost broke my neck. I can't explain it but, these shoes seem to restrict my movement much less.

Chats: 204

IronMike???

Iceman!!???

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    IronMike???

Iceman!!???

You’ve seen the Iceman’s feet. Could they be described as narrow? And lastly Iron Mike isn’t asking about sandals.
    John