Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things

Chats: 0

Default Stranger Things

Has anyone here seen this show? Chances are you've heard or seen something about it unless you live under a rock. I happen upon it in April by reading a comment about another show online. Someone said it was a "Home Run" for a Netflix original. One night lacking anything interesting to watch I decided to give it a shot. At first, half way through the first episode I was like "Meh, it's an 80's setting and very period correct but I wasn't thinking it was all that." I finished the first episode and said "Okay, it wasn't so bad" so I went to episode 2. It was improving as time went on.

I went to episode 3 and I was hooked. I ended up binge watching it over the next few days all the way through not only season 1 but season 2 and wanted more. I then told my middle son about it and we binge watched it all the way through together. My daughter became curious and I ended up doing it for a 3rd time with her with my middle son included. Season 3 just came out July 4th. Did we go see fireworks? Nope, we binge watched season 3 instead. LOL

This week curiosity finally got the best of my wife in seeing all the Facebook posts about it and I convinced her to watch it. In two days we knocked out season 1 and started season 2. She's hooked. LOL I was never into gore and horror all that much. Yeah I seen all the Freddy, Jason and Michael Meyers movies along with most of the hack em up films of the day. This is actually well written, excellent cast and meticulously era correct. I really never thought much of Winona Ryder and personally I don't think time did her any favors but IMO she found her groove with this role. I think that post I read about it being a home run was 100% dead on. I want season 4 asap!

What do you think?
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Hadn't heard of it. The name sounds familiar so might have heard it mentioned. Just asked wife and she said she had heard about it. Time for me to come out from under that rock...lol. But I'm not on Facebook or any social media so don't hear about alot of things. I am on Twitter but only for stock market stuff (@behrhogan). I post my trades on there at the end of each day and don't use it for anything else. But I do like the Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc shows
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Well, Stranger things isn't a chop em up 101 ways on how to mutilate a body type of thing. It does have some blood and gore but I would call it rather soft core in comparison. If you don't like the show itself it will at least take you down memory lane to the 80's with product placement and you get to see some pretty decent cars in the background. I seen a twin to my 73 Ford LTD I had showing itself quite a bit in the back of scenes. I had the same car, same color just different factory hub caps. Very cool to see. One thing you may get sick of is Winona shouting "WILL!!!" about 500 times in Season 1. They do warn if you are photo sensitive to having seizures, there is a LOT of flashing lights. Enjoy, let me know what you think.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

I'll check it out. Is it on Netflix? We have treadmills at the gym with TV's mounted in front of us and sound comes through your phone so you can hear it. I'll watch it then.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Yes, it's only on Netflix
    Bowling Center Manager

So that's it? Just Boatman? You guys just aren't into the "NON-bowling" posts anymore. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager

Cranker

I probably will watch it just because of how many people talk about it, but I haven't watched Game of Thrones either and that's another series that I plan on watching as well.

Start with stranger things. It’s probably about a quarter of the total length of game of thrones

I haven't seen Game of Thrones either. I wanted to see that myself but everyone at the bowling alley blabbed all about it so much and told me the ending already. Plus I don't think it's on neither Netflix or Hulu which is what we have? I can tell you that there are a total of 24 episodes of Stranger Things. 3 seasons, 8 episodes or "Chapters" as they call them in each season.

Plus there is a "Beyond Stranger Things" which I believe came after season 2 which is a bunch of 20 minute interviews with the cast (minus Winonda Ryder for some reason) and creators. Don't watch it before you see season 2 due to spoilers. It's a lot of horsing around, silly questions for the most part. Worth watching if you want to know things like "How did they do that?" or hearing things about the 80's type things in the show. It will surprise you how many of the cast are actually from the UK. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager

I've heard of it, but I don't really use Netflix, and I've never seen it myself. What is the running storyline? I'm not much into horror, but if it has a good plot then I might look into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast