Thread: Scoring and control software

Chats: 0

Default Scoring and control software

This may be a little too technical to ask here but I'll give it a shot. Anyone know the difference between Brunswick Vector Plus software and Qubica? I'm well versed in Qubica, it's extremely simple. I've never seen nor touched the Brunswick Frameworx hardware with the front end on Vector Plus. Where I'm likely going has the Brunswick and I'm hoping that there isn't a huge learning curve. I prefer to hit the ground running, not be stuck in training mode.

The pinsetters are Brunswick as well but the version they have is very similar to the AMF 82-xx series than it is to the A2's so that's no problem. Any info anyone has would be a great help. I gotta get up to speed asap, prefer to prior to going there. I feel like I'm about to cram for finals.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

The bowling alley I go to uses a Brunswick system, but I'm not very well versed in it. I know that you can hit any letter to bring up the menu on the scoreboard, and it gives you a lot of different options that you can access either by clicking the corresponding letter (found next to the option you want), or with the arrow keys. Click enter to select the option. It's pretty easy to use. I figured it out on my own without help. I don't know anything behind-the-scenes, but I know how to add a player, remove a player (which you apparently can't always do if they were in the middle of a game), skip a player, rename a player, put up a different background skin on the screen, etc. I also know that behind-the-scenes, they are able to watch the progress of each game on their computers, and they can do printouts of the game in a couple different ways. One of the printouts shows just the scores and the stats, and another can also show pin placement in each frame of each game. The scores can be printed out for each individual player, or for the players as a team.

I was probably no help at all, but since nobody replied and I've used that system, I figured I would share what I know. If you have any more specific questions that you think as a bowler I might know the answers to, then I might be able to help you more.

Sorry I wasn't able to help much.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    This may be a little too technical to ask here but I'll give it a shot. Anyone know the difference between Brunswick Vector Plus software and Qubica? I'm well versed in Qubica, it's extremely simple. I've never seen nor touched the Brunswick Frameworx hardware with the front end on Vector Plus. Where I'm likely going has the Brunswick and I'm hoping that there isn't a huge learning curve. I prefer to hit the ground running, not be stuck in training mode.

The pinsetters are Brunswick as well but the version they have is very similar to the AMF 82-xx series than it is to the A2's so that's no problem. Any info anyone has would be a great help. I gotta get up to speed asap, prefer to prior to going there. I feel like I'm about to cram for finals.

Phonetek Heres a manual looks to be a 2013 ver.:
    https://brunswickbowling.com/uploads..._rev-10-13.pdf

Vector Center Network System Pre-InstallationVector Centor Network System Pre-Installation Manual
    https://brunswickbowling.com/uploads...048-r10-13.pdf

VeCtor plus Control Desk
    https://brunswickbowling.com/uploads..._rev-10-13.pdf

VectorScorer-Troubleshooting
    http://www.mcbowling.com/manuals/bru...leshooting.pdf
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-23-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Thank you guys, any info is good info. All I was able to find was promo material. This info is enough to get me started so I don't look like a dink when I get down there. I appreciate it.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Thank you guys, any info is good info. All I was able to find was promo material. This info is enough to get me started so I don't look like a dink when I get down there. I appreciate it.
    You're welcome. Again, I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help. I'm glad that bowl1820 was able to help you, though.

LOL, it's all good. I was totally expecting something from Bowl1820....since I've joined here I haven't seen him stumped yet on a question. If he was on Jeopardy and the subject was bowling, he'd be the champion of the universe. =)
    Bowling Center Manager

LOL, it's all good. I was totally expecting something from Bowl1820....since I've joined here I haven't seen him stumped yet on a question. If he was on Jeopardy and the subject was bowling, he'd be the champion of the universe. =)
    Haha, well now that you said that I will have to change my life goal from trying one of every kind of ice cream in the world, to stumping bowl1820!

Good luck. I'd sooner take on Wikipedia.
    Bowling Center Manager