Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Type!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    I've never looked at it like that. Thanks.

And I have been bowling for a while, anyway. A little under a year. What do you mean, “One thing you learn after you start bowling”? Since you quoted me, I'm assuming that this is directed at me rather than in general. No offense taken either way... I still have a lot to learn yet, and I know that.
    It wasn't directed at you specfically, more at just new bowlers in general. "You" in this case was referring to a group of people (in this case "newer bowlers" ) like when a speaker is addressing a group and they say "Are you listening" it's not directed at anyone audience member specifically And quoting you was just to reference a specific point so that it gave my post more context.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    It wasn't directed at you specfically, more at just new bowlers in general. "You" in this case was referring to a group of people (in this case "newer bowlers" ) like when a speaker is addressing a group and they say "Are you listening" it's not directed at anyone audience member specifically And quoting you was just to reference a specific point so that it gave my post more context.
    Truthfully I see this in youth tournaments bowled on sports patters all the time even from somewhat experienced bowlers who think they can look at a lane pattern graph and "know" where to play. Especially at some of our local centers that have well worn surfaces doesn't mean that pattern will play typically here even if you bowled on it before at another house.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Truthfully I see this in youth tournaments bowled on sports patters all the time even from somewhat experienced bowlers who think they can look at a lane pattern graph and "know" where to play. Especially at some of our local centers that have well worn surfaces doesn't mean that pattern will play typically here even if you bowled on it before at another house.
    I mean, Rule of 31 should give you a pretty decent starting idea of where/how you want to start... adjust from there. If I see a 41 ft pattern graph I know my breakpoint is going to be around 10. The rest of the pattern is going to dictate the ball and angle I want to get there with.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

My house is pretty open as to the oils and pattern they use. The owner is a past PWBA member and still bowls multiple nights a week so she’s more “in tune” with the bowler than others may be. We switched to the Fire and Ice oil when they bought a Flex machine either last year or year before. Prior to that they were using Prodigy oil. As for the pattern, it changes each year but the ones who actually know the pattern are open about letting you know. I think it’ll really just be hit or miss. Privately owned centers you’ll probably be more likely to get info out of them vs chain centers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12