Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: My last two weeks

  1. #1
    Pin Crusher Phonetek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,265
    Chats: 0

    Default My last two weeks

    Now that I have given my notice I can see this is going to be far more emotional than I thought. I'm really starting to find out that in just being there a year and a half how big of an impact I really had on this place. I'm having a great time telling my story to everyone there. They are all very happy for me, say it's incredible. I didn't realize how attached I have become to the place and the people around me and how attached they are to me. I'm used to making myself the center of attention by being obnoxious but not for reasons like this.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 08-06-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Bowling Center Employee (Assistant Manager, Counter, Bartender and AMF Pinsetter Mechanic)
    Arsenal only consists of 3 balls currently "15# Hammer Rip'd (Sport Only)" & Faball Original Black Hammer (Spare Ball / Main THS) Venom Shock & 20+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH

  2. #2

    Default

    Just think of how much bigger the impact you make on people will be in an establishment such as the one you will be working at soon, where what you say holds sway!
    "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might."
    - Ecclesiastes 9:10 (KJV)

    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

  3. #3
    Pin Crusher Phonetek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,265
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Maybe LOL Them southerner's may not like some northerner coming down swimmin' in their soup. Wow, that sounded like a very southern thing to say didn't it?
    Last edited by Phonetek; 08-06-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Bowling Center Employee (Assistant Manager, Counter, Bartender and AMF Pinsetter Mechanic)
    Arsenal only consists of 3 balls currently "15# Hammer Rip'd (Sport Only)" & Faball Original Black Hammer (Spare Ball / Main THS) Venom Shock & 20+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH

  4. #4
    Cranker classygranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    884
    Chats: 55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Maybe LOL Them southerner's may not like some northerner coming down swimmin' in their soup. Wow, that sounded like a very southern thing to say didn't it?
    Well, saying things like that they'll never know you're a northerner (:>
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    Roto-Grip Defiant Soul, Brunswick Meanstreak Brawler, Ebonite Maxim
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (not on same night) Current Average - 170-180 THS
    USBC Membership #2786-23048

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Maybe LOL Them southerner's may not like some northerner coming down swimmin' in their soup. Wow, that sounded like a very southern thing to say didn't it?
    It sounds to me more like a northerner trying to sound southern, haha.

  6. #6
    Pin Crusher Phonetek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,265
    Chats: 0

    Default

    On the upside, I'm not single so no shotgun weddings for me. At least there better not be! I'll be sure to watch for banana peels on the sidewalk so nothing "accidental" happens. =)
    Bowling Center Employee (Assistant Manager, Counter, Bartender and AMF Pinsetter Mechanic)
    Arsenal only consists of 3 balls currently "15# Hammer Rip'd (Sport Only)" & Faball Original Black Hammer (Spare Ball / Main THS) Venom Shock & 20+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH

  7. #7
    Pin Crusher Phonetek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,265
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Crazy night last night at work. It was dead 90% of the night because they were doing road construction right in front of our building taking up the entire street for parking. Not squat going on UNTIL....10 minutes before close at midnight I had 40 people walk downstairs. I already had all the beer taps and liquor locked, TV's off and was just waiting to count down the register. I was the only employee in the building because I already sent the others home. They said "It's her 21'st birthday and we're doing a pub crawl and we want 15 pitchers of bud light and a shot of Fireball for everyone. Oh yeah, we'd like to bowl too"

    My jaw just hit the floor and said "Well...we close in 10 minute but....let me get my keys and get everything unlocked" I ended up staying until open until 2am. That beer and shots they initially ordered wasn't even a scratch on the surface of what they ended up with. I ended up bringing in over $2k in 2 hours in sales between booze and bowling and they dropped almost my record in tips! Before them I would have went home with 6 bucks. LOL I didn't even have to split it since I was the only one there.

    They kept asking me if I minded staying and I said "Hey, as long as their spending money I'll be here happy to take it" This is one thing that I will miss about where I'm going. This isn't the first "Pop up" party we've had. Usually not right before close. I told them before they leave the building to stop at the counter and write down where they work so I can come hang out 2 hours after close where they work. =) I don't foresee this happening at the new place. Well, it's 24/7 so obviously it won't be before close but these pop up parties. It would be nice though, I love it when they happen. Not just because of the tips, they are always just a blast to be a part of.
    Bowling Center Employee (Assistant Manager, Counter, Bartender and AMF Pinsetter Mechanic)
    Arsenal only consists of 3 balls currently "15# Hammer Rip'd (Sport Only)" & Faball Original Black Hammer (Spare Ball / Main THS) Venom Shock & 20+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Crazy night last night at work. It was dead 90% of the night because they were doing road construction right in front of our building taking up the entire street for parking. Not squat going on UNTIL....10 minutes before close at midnight I had 40 people walk downstairs. I already had all the beer taps and liquor locked, TV's off and was just waiting to count down the register. I was the only employee in the building because I already sent the others home. They said "It's her 21'st birthday and we're doing a pub crawl and we want 15 pitchers of bud light and a shot of Fireball for everyone. Oh yeah, we'd like to bowl too"

    My jaw just hit the floor and said "Well...we close in 10 minute but....let me get my keys and get everything unlocked" I ended up staying until open until 2am. That beer and shots they initially ordered wasn't even a scratch on the surface of what they ended up with. I ended up bringing in over $2k in 2 hours in sales between booze and bowling and they dropped almost my record in tips! Before them I would have went home with 6 bucks. LOL I didn't even have to split it since I was the only one there.

    They kept asking me if I minded staying and I said "Hey, as long as their spending money I'll be here happy to take it" This is one thing that I will miss about where I'm going. This isn't the first "Pop up" party we've had. Usually not right before close. I told them before they leave the building to stop at the counter and write down where they work so I can come hang out 2 hours after close where they work. =) I don't foresee this happening at the new place. Well, it's 24/7 so obviously it won't be before close but these pop up parties. It would be nice though, I love it when they happen. Not just because of the tips, they are always just a blast to be a part of.
    Sounds like a better time than when you were dealing with the swarm of people who didn't want to pay for anything, haha. :-) Nice!
    "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might."
    - Ecclesiastes 9:10 (KJV)

    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

  9. #9
    Pin Crusher Phonetek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,265
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Yep, you tend to deal with many extremes at a bowling center good and bad. Usually more good
    Bowling Center Employee (Assistant Manager, Counter, Bartender and AMF Pinsetter Mechanic)
    Arsenal only consists of 3 balls currently "15# Hammer Rip'd (Sport Only)" & Faball Original Black Hammer (Spare Ball / Main THS) Venom Shock & 20+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Yep, you tend to deal with many extremes at a bowling center good and bad. Usually more good
    It sounds like a very interesting job. Always keeps you on your toes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •